Favorite junk food?

SteveGrabowski0
1 hour ago, IAcKI said:

Takeaway Curry. Can't beat it! 

This recipe is 100% legit:

I made it 3 times now, and it's legit better than takeaway curry. Just don't put as many chilis in the recipe as the dude in the video (unless you can handle it). I mean, this recipe is a lot stronger than most takeaway curry in North America. 

The only caveat is that it takes almost 2 hours to make. You'll definetely find quicker recipes online, but they always end up bland and watery. 

6 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

I made it 3 times now, and it's legit better than takeaway curry. Just don't put as many chilis in the recipe as the dude in the video (unless you can handle it). I mean, this recipe is a lot stronger than most takeaway curry in North America. 

The only caveat is that it takes almost 2 hours to make. You'll definetely find quicker recipes online, but they always end up bland and watery. 

I'll give it a go, the curries in the UK tend to be pretty hot anyway. But I'll take note of slightly less chillies and work my way up! 

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

4 hours ago, kokakolia said:

I gotta try that, but with more Bird's Eye. What is the long red chile he's using? Is that shit hot or is it mostly sweet? Only curry I ever make is Japanese curry with beef, French cut onion, grated garlic and ginger, potatoes and carrots with beef stock + hot Vermont Curry bricks (which are not hot at all by default). Oh and cook it with a shitload of those Bird's Eye chiles he shows above diced pretty finely, as while I love Japanese curry, I want it to be as hot as a really hot Thai curry.

4 hours ago, kokakolia said:

If this qualifies as junk food I’m a deadman.  I don’t normally eat even this well.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, LEVIATHAN CO-OP said:

Twinkies. When the world ends, that is what we will live off of.

Or what the roaches will anyway.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Poutine.  Specifically from Smoke's Poutinerie (this is the bacon cheeseburger option):

BaconCheeseburger.jpg.d7cc835cea3c47ebc1c07ce030a9cbdb.jpg

It looks obscene, and it kinda is (be ready to go to the gym to make up for this), but hot damn is it delicious.  There are also clever flavours like Philly Cheesesteak and Korean BBQ, too.  Perfect if you want something filling.

2 hours ago, Commodus said:

Poutine.  Specifically from Smoke's Poutinerie (this is the bacon cheeseburger option):

It looks obscene, and it kinda is (be ready to go to the gym to make up for this), but hot damn is it delicious.  There are also clever flavours like Philly Cheesesteak and Korean BBQ, too.  Perfect if you want something filling.

unnamed.jpg.92a32770c75afc6273f59980adde0978.jpg

14 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

What is the long red chile he's using? Is that shit hot or is it mostly sweet? 

The long red chilies are sweeter with very mild spice. Since I live in France, I used these long green chilies from Morocco. The last curry I made was very mild but still tasty. TBH, it doesn’t really matter what chilies you use. Use anything you want. I can’t even find bird’s eye chilies, but they would give you the much wanted heat. The onion purée, tomato purée, spices and butter + cream are your foundation. 

Kapsalon. Fries covered with shawarma, covered with gouda cheese, covered with iceberg salad, other vegetables, and sauce.

:)

17 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

If this qualifies as junk food I’m a deadman.  I don’t normally eat even this well.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. We definitely went off tangent from junk food to takeaway to gourmet food. 

The thing is, butter chicken is a takeaway favorite. But like most takeaway food, you kinda feel like a sloth after you eat it. And it always arrives kinda mushy and lukewarm when you get it delivered. This was just a gourmet version of that famous dish. 

taiwanese fried chicken steak

doner kebab

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!