Very High CPU Usage in NFS Heat

Hey Everyone,

So I've recently purchased Need For Speed: Heat and during the first run (and every run after) the game has had rather high CPU usage (80% - 100%). Initially I thought that was due to my outdated CPU (i7-3770) paired with the GTX 1070 but I have now upgraded to a Ryzen 5 2600 paired with the same GPU and I'm getting roughly the same amount of CPU usage. I've even tried turning the graphics settings to "Auto" hoping that it will maybe drop some settings to stop the CPU stressing. 

It might just be a terribly optimized game, I'm not sure... Just wanted to check as I didn't think it should be maxing out the 2600.

Thanks,

Gage

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm AIO | Gigabyte Aorus M B450 Motherboard | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3000mhz  | Samsung 860 Pro 2TB | MSi Geforce RTX 2060 Super Gaming X 8GB | BeQuiet PurePower 11 700W |

I mean, I don't know why people are worried anything is maxing out their hardware.  If you aren't getting worse performance as a result of it then it's all good.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

• 1 year later...
On 2/3/2020 at 1:39 AM, Sephiroth720 said:

Hey Everyone,

So I've recently purchased Need For Speed: Heat and during the first run (and every run after) the game has had rather high CPU usage (80% - 100%). Initially I thought that was due to my outdated CPU (i7-3770) paired with the GTX 1070 but I have now upgraded to a Ryzen 5 2600 paired with the same GPU and I'm getting roughly the same amount of CPU usage. I've even tried turning the graphics settings to "Auto" hoping that it will maybe drop some settings to stop the CPU stressing. 

It might just be a terribly optimized game, I'm not sure... Just wanted to check as I didn't think it should be maxing out the 2600.

Thanks,

Gage

I'm having the same issue and I have a I9-9900K paired with a 2080 super and it makes my system glitchy and loud I should have no problems running this game at 1440