570 Idle Temp Just Went way up With No Changes

tsiturbotsi
Go to solution Solved by tsiturbotsi,

Update:

I figured it out. I went into my Radeon Settings and turned on all the game streaming stuff. I just went and turned them all of and the fan spun down immediately and now my GPU temps are back to 22C. Sorry to bother you all with such a stupid thing but maybe this will help someone in the future. Thanks again for all your help. 

So I Just built a PC about 3 months ago and my normal temps at idle for the MSI RX 570 Armor MK2 OC 8GB has alwas been 22C. I made a few over clocking profiles and were playing around with them, all stable but even now when I go back to the stock settings the temp won't go below 27 or 28. I am lost as to what could have caused this. All the OC settings in the Radion software or any other software is set to auto. So i have not overclocked with anything other then Afterburner. I am lost and could use some help/ Also even with the highest overclock the temp never went above 62C.

My Build:

Ryzen 2600X

MSI X470 Gaming Plus

Corsair H100i (I think) RGB Pump and 2x120mil Fans on Radiator

Cooler has Push Pull with the Two Corsair Fans that came with the Cooler Pushing Intake and Two Corsair 120mil LL Fans Pulling

NZXT H500i Case with the Case Fans Replaced with One Corsair 120mil LL for the Back Case Fan And the NZXT 120mil Stock Top Fan Replaced With a Corsair 140mil LL

I have a Commander Pro Controlling the fans and Two Light Strips and all other Corsair Hubs and RGB Hubs Needed for the set up.

Even after I redid everything to Corsair (Fans and Lights with Commander Pro and all) I was still getting 22C as my GPU temp at idle. Today that changed after playing Forza.

I can't figure out what could have done this. Any help would be a great help. Thanks in advance.Ryan20200201_222321.thumb.jpg.87a2b0258d2b71412fbc414f88d51cc8.jpg

IMG_0504.JPG

Could be driver changers or any number of things. Hell, a driver change could cause that too.  Idle temps really are not important though. What are the load temps? Have those changed much? If it is an issue, take it apart, put new thermal paste down and clean out the heat sink. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

27C idle is pretty good. Honestly, I wouldnt worry unless temps go above 80-85C under load. I'd say you're fine.

I had that card and had drivers cause as high as 10c changes at idle, i woudn't worry about it

4 minutes ago, Lord Xeb said:

Could be driver changers or any number of things. Hell, a driver change could cause that too.  Idle temps really are not important though. What are the load temps? Have those changed much? If it is an issue, take it apart, put new thermal paste down and clean out the heat sink. 

Yeah it was well after the last driver update. I was wondering but it just happened tonight and the last driver change was a few days ago.Thanks for the fast reply.

1 minute ago, tsiturbotsi said:

Yeah it was well after the last driver update. I was wondering but it just happened tonight and the last driver change was a few days ago.Thanks for the fast reply.

If anything you could always redo the thermal paste. If you haven't in a while it may be a good idea. 

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

4 minutes ago, steelo said:

27C idle is pretty good. Honestly, I wouldnt worry unless temps go above 80-85C under load. I'd say you're fine.

You are right that 27 is not bad at all. Just still is making me wonder what the change was is all. I am OCD so it's going to bug me. Under full load it goes no higher than 62C.

9 minutes ago, Lord Xeb said:

Load temps are 62 at max. But what do you mean re thermal paste it? the graphics card?

1 minute ago, tsiturbotsi said:

You are right that 27 is not bad at all. Just still is making me wonder what the change was is all. I am OCD so it's going to bug me. Under full load it goes no higher than 62C.

So, when you say 'idle',  is usage at 0% when you're not running anything?

7 minutes ago, StangMan363 said:

I had that card and had drivers cause as high as 10c changes at idle, i woudn't worry about it

You are right as I know its nothing to worry about as I know its not going to hurt. Just strange.

2 minutes ago, tsiturbotsi said:

Load temps are 62 at max. But what do you mean re thermal paste it? the graphics card?

62? Not bad. Not even a need to repaste it. 

Yes. The thermal interface material. Thermal paste. It is goop that goes between the chip and the heat sink to assist and thermal transfer. 

Edit. Corrected 

1 minute ago, steelo said:

So, when you say 'idle',  is usage at 0% when you're not running anything?

YeaH

1 minute ago, Lord Xeb said:

62? Not bad. Not even a need to repaste it. 

Yes. The thermal interface material. Thermal paste. It is goop that goes between the CPU and the video card to assist and thermal transfer. 

I understand what you meant just was confused cause the temps were not getting high under load. But i understand why you suggested it.Just making sure you meant the card.

3 minutes ago, tsiturbotsi said:

YeaH

Okay, I mean it could be a driver update or maybe the ambient temperature inside the case is hotter for whatever reason. How about cpu temps? Are they relatively the same?

Seriously though, I wouldnt fret. I had a rx 570 and now use a rx 5700...I dont think I've ever seen them idle at the same temperature twice, ever. Load temps, on the other hand should be fairly consistent.

I mean I know I get worse temps with it mounted vertically but I was getting those temp with it that way. I will just have to change my fan curve now so the fans are not running as high as they are at 27 vs what they were at 22. I had an aggressivecure set.

I mean I know I get worse temps with it mounted vertically but I was getting those temp with it that way. I will just have to change my fan curve now so the fans are not running as high as they are at 27 vs what they were at 22. I had an aggressivecure set.

27C is like 80 degrees fahrenheit...I mean, thats barely above room temperature. There are much bigger things to worry about man.

2 minutes ago, steelo said:

Okay, I mean it could be a driver update or maybe the ambient temperature inside the case is hotter for whatever reason. How about cpu temps? Are they relatively the same?

Yeah the CUP temps have not changed at all. Right now its at 25c for the cpu. That is normal.

Just now, steelo said:

27C is like 80 degrees farenheit...I mean, thats barely above room temperature. There are much bigger things to worry about man.

I know its not hurting anything. Just was curious if anyone had an explanation.

I know its not hurting anything. Just was curious if anyone had an explanation.

I'd say more than likely its a software or driver change that maybe affects the idle voltage. Im just guessing though.

Thermal paste does degrade over time but we're usually talking about years here.

7 minutes ago, steelo said:

Seriously though, I wouldnt fret. I had a rx 570 and now use a rx 5700...I dont think I've ever seen them idle at the same temperature twice, ever. Load temps, on the other hand should be fairly consistent.

If anything changes I will report back. Thank all of you for the info. Feel free to add anything if you thing of something later. I really appreciate it.

1 minute ago, steelo said:

I'd say more than likely its a software or driver change. Thermal paste does degrade over time but we're usually talki g about years here.

YeaH ITS OLNY BEEN 3 MONTHS.

3 minutes ago, tsiturbotsi said:

YeaH ITS OLNY BEEN 3 MONTHS.

Yeah, I doubt thats it then. It really doesnt take much to heat a gpu up 5-10 degrees. Maybe AMD adjusted the default voltage settings in an update?

Update:

I figured it out. I went into my Radeon Settings and turned on all the game streaming stuff. I just went and turned them all of and the fan spun down immediately and now my GPU temps are back to 22C. Sorry to bother you all with such a stupid thing but maybe this will help someone in the future. Thanks again for all your help.