Is it worth trading a ps4 for a PC?

FishyModding

I want to trade my brother my ps4 for his PC, specs are: 500gb hdd, dual core amd athlon II x2 260, 4gb ram, and a GT 710 2GB Fan 

Depends what you want to use it for i.e. browsing the net, school /office work then yes, but for gaming I don't think you would be able to do much with it.

Just now, FishyModding said:

what about just playing minecraft?

MAYBE on super low everything and that's a strong maybe that you'll get playable frames.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, FishyModding said:

what about just playing minecraft?

It would probably run but not very well. Seriously, it's awful - you can get something better just by selling your ps4 on ebay and buying refurbed parts

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That PC will barely even run minecraft, forget about recording or editing.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Poking around on ebay for used parts you could put something like this together, maybe for cheaper if you shop around a good bit (I spent like a minute tossing this together)

Intel 3770 - $50
Socket 1155 Board - $40
8GB DDR3 - $20
RX470 - $50
240GB SSD - $30
Case + PSU - $20
Total: $210

Or if you wanted to go new and sacrifice some GPU horsepower for now:

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

18 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Or if you wanted to go new and sacrifice some GPU horsepower for now:

Not much of a sacrifice, still better than the trade PC

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, FishyModding said:

I want to trade my brother my ps4 for his PC, specs are: 500gb hdd, dual core amd athlon II x2 260, 4gb ram, and a GT 710 2GB Fan 

NO. That athlon basically is worthless, 4gb of ram is barely enough, and a gt 710 will barely play games at the lowest settings with 30fps. Usually I prefer PC, but in this case a PS4 is legitimately the better option.

I think i should just sell the ps4 for like 200$ then make a part list I guess

That's funny, did not notice the CPU at first.  Pretty ancient.  Trying to get money back from a console is very hard.  I'd save up and get a Ryzen 4000 laptop.  I'm almost tempted to get one

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

Ok, <content removed by staff>so theres not much I can save up, <content removed by staff>, (IF I GET MY GRADES UP)Imma go work at culvers. The first time I took apart a pc was without a tutorial, and I put it back together and my parents didnt notice, and I took apart a chromebook, put it back together, and took it apart again, without a tutorial, and did custom cooling xD, So I think I might be good with laptops too

Edited by SansVarnic
removed content

It's really a weird time to invest into a PC.  We are about to jump into next generation stuff, but it seems delayed forever. 

April the Ryzen laptops should start coming out.  I think I read the low end ones should start around $600.   Have to wait and see next month or so.  From what it seems AMD is about to shake up the laptop market and more price wars with Intel.

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |

lol, if you want real money trade the ps4 and scrounge up less than $500 and buy a metal detector and hunt for gold outside.

The terms the use is called Prospecting.  There bunch of Gold Prospecting sites and info how to do it.    Wish I had the time, but totally want to do this

I waited a long time and upgraded a different time.  RTX 2080 should hold me off another 5 years.

11 hours ago, FishyModding said:

I think i should just sell the ps4 for like 200$ then make a part list I guess

Yes. Do that. The athlon PC is worth way less than 200$