Where can I find Windows

Crw1920

I've heard so many things like I can buy it from eBay or that any activation keys that don't come from Microsoft are illeagal. But Windows on Microsoft's sight is soo expensive, does any one know a place where I can Find a Cheap Legal Windows key?

2 minutes ago, Crw1920 said:

I've heard so many things like I can buy it from eBay or that any activation keys that don't come from Microsoft are illeagal. But Windows on Microsoft's sight is soo expensive, does any one know a place where I can Find a Cheap Legal Windows key?

Do you need to have a registered copy of Windows? I know that at least Windows 10 runs fine without being registered.

Do you have a windows 8 key? They work to and that is wanted like this by MS. I have heard some win 7 keys work to. But I am not to sure about that. 

Besides that you can run win without activation legally :) 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

3 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

I have heard some win 7 keys work to. But I am not to sure about that. 

yes they do. I activated 3 machines using 3 different Windows 7 Pro Keys

You can also just use it for free without activating.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

You can also jsut use it for free without activating.

I'm trying to start making videos and I don't want that appearing in the videos

22 minutes ago, Crw1920 said:

Spoiler

image.png.cb07d6bc0492d9d3fa6464e8b1ea3ba0.png

(can't confirm that this works) If you feel like sailing with the jolly roger, check reddit. Pretty sure this post complies with the forum rules.

50 minutes ago, Crw1920 said:

G2A is a grey market key reseller.

Personally, I have a moral obligation to avoid them due to their scummy business practices. Other users have bought from them and had no issues.

Why do I think G2A (and others like them) are bad? Various reasons:

1. Some of the keys sold on their site were bought with stolen credit cards. G2A seems to do little to nothing to discourage or prevent this.

2. G2A holds you hostage with "insurance" (G2A Shield) if you have problems with your keys. In other words, they don't stand behind the keys they sell. You have to buy protection, otherwise you're literally gambling on whether your key is legit or not.

3. G2A Shield often sneakily is added as a subscription with a recurring monthly fee. Some people have found that they are getting charged even though they didn't intend on buying Shield.

4. Sometimes - if your key came from illegal sources (such as Credit Card fraud) - your key will be deactivated, sometimes months or years after purchase. This is more common with game keys, but can still happen with Windows keys. You'd have to have bought the Shield insurance to get a new replacement key from G2A.

With all of that in mind? Most people seem to have good experiences, and there ARE totally legit legally acquired keys on there. So if you absolutely cannot afford a proper key, you could buy here.

Me? I won't ever give them my business.

If you're using the computer to make videos (for YouTube, I assume), I personally think you should just cough up the money for a legit copy. They're only around $100 or so on places like NewEgg:

https://www.newegg.com/microsoft-windows-10-home-64-bit/p/N82E16832416892

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

54 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

G2A is a grey market key reseller.

Personally, I have a moral obligation to avoid them due to their scummy business practices. Other users have bought from them and had no issues.

Why do I think G2A (and others like them) are bad? Various reasons:

1. Some of the keys sold on their site were bought with stolen credit cards. G2A seems to do little to nothing to discourage or prevent this.

2. G2A holds you hostage with "insurance" (G2A Shield) if you have problems with your keys. In other words, they don't stand behind the keys they sell. You have to buy protection, otherwise you're literally gambling on whether your key is legit or not.

3. G2A Shield often sneakily is added as a subscription with a recurring monthly fee. Some people have found that they are getting charged even though they didn't intend on buying Shield.

4. Sometimes - if your key came from illegal sources (such as Credit Card fraud) - your key will be deactivated, sometimes months or years after purchase. This is more common with game keys, but can still happen with Windows keys. You'd have to have bought the Shield insurance to get a new replacement key from G2A.

With all of that in mind? Most people seem to have good experiences, and there ARE totally legit legally acquired keys on there. So if you absolutely cannot afford a proper key, you could buy here.

Me? I won't ever give them my business.

If you're using the computer to make videos (for YouTube, I assume), I personally think you should just cough up the money for a legit copy. They're only around $100 or so on places like NewEgg:

https://www.newegg.com/microsoft-windows-10-home-64-bit/p/N82E16832416892

I dont have an extra $100 that's the thing if I did I would defiantly buy from new egg and I wouldn't have made this Post

1 hour ago, Crw1920 said:

I dont have an extra $100 that's the thing if I did I would defiantly buy from new egg and I wouldn't have made this Post

we get it, but, the thing is an official and totally legal copy from microsoft is more expensive so what me and @dalekphalm suggested is to get an OEM one that is cheaper. As he said, G2A and other grey market sellers are not guarantee and you could loose them. If you want to go that way is fine but you should be aware. This  a very common question here in the forum and we can't teach you how to crack it or give you a shady website selling keys, so leaving it unactivated is the way for you to go since you want to save some money, which I totally get.

I've used more than a dozen of $3 eBay keys over the years with no issues whatsoever.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

10 hours ago, Crw1920 said:

I'll put it this way, Microsoft would rather you run an unregistered copy of Windows 10 than buying from a site like G2A. Again - your choice. I can't stop you from buying from them.

But if it were me, and I had already made the choice that I cannot have the Watermark show up because I'm recording videos? Then I would save up that $100 and buy a legit copy from an authorized retailer.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

13 hours ago, Crw1920 said:

Windows pricing has been same since Vista. Over 10 years (maybe more, but I haven't bought before Vista). If you are building new PC, you should have taken OS pricing to budget for parts.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

52 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Windows pricing has been same since Vista. Over 10 years (maybe more, but I haven't bought before Vista). If you are building new PC, you should have taken OS pricing to budget for parts.

This is one of my biggest pet peeve - I see people make build lists all day long, and almost none of them budget for Windows.

Or when they do, they often just put in $20 for G2A or something.

If you're budgeting for a $800+ computer? You can afford to pay for the proper Windows license. If that means you have to get a slightly worse GPU or something? So be it.

My opinion? Don't want to pay for a proper Windows license? Fine. Install Linux for free and don't use Windows.

18 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

This is one of my biggest pet peeve - I see people make build lists all day long, and almost none of them budget for Windows.

"Boohoo, Windows is so expensive. Why can't I get it for free for my 9900K+2080Ti as I can't afford it"

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 hours ago, Crw1920 said:

Don't want what appearing in videos?

Unless you're recording the desktop it will not show up in videos.

Also there are ways to remove the watermark, just search google.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020