Can't access UEFI DUALBIOS after turning secure boot on

Riimyr
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
Just now, Riimyr said:

Yes, it is a Gigabyte mobo. 990FXA-D3 to be precise, sorry about not including it earlier.

Its an oldy!!! 

So you said you cleared cmos, you didnt happen to leave the jumper in the clear position did you? (Gotta ask, Ive done it a few times lol)

If not, try this.

Power off. 

One stick of ram 1st slot. 

Power off switch PSU

Put clear cmos jump in clear position

Remove the battery. 

Let it sit for 1/2 hour to a full hour.

Install battery, remove cmos jumper and try a post with just the one stick.

Typically on a dual bios, if the first fails to post, the second bios will post with the stock bios. This bios cannot be flashed. So it may be possible you are running a cpu that was released after the factory bios.

That is all for now.

I recently received a computer from a friend and planned to bring it up to a working state. The first thing I planned to do was to install Win10 on it and as I went around the BIOS I noticed Secure Boot was disabled and decided to re-enable it by resetting to factory settings. I noticed secure boot was now on and decided to restart the computer. Now the entire computer was stuck in a boot loop. It turns on, then I hear a click sound and it goes off, then right back on. My peripherals I had plugged in turn off and on in sync with the click and I have no video. I tried accessing the bios, nothing. The mobo in question is a Gigabyte 990FXA-D3

Does flashbios option exist on this motherboard? IF yes, try to flash it via USB w/o loading into BIOS.

Purify your Windows 10/11, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

18 minutes ago, Spakes said:

If not, well, good luck with recovery...

Recovery? Of what? Dual bios, might be some kind of Gigabyte motherboard I think?

6 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Recovery? Of what? Dual bios, might be some kind of Gigabyte motherboard I think?

Yes, it is a Gigabyte mobo. 990FXA-D3 to be precise, sorry about not including it earlier.

Just now, Riimyr said:

Its an oldy!!! 

So you said you cleared cmos, you didnt happen to leave the jumper in the clear position did you? (Gotta ask, Ive done it a few times lol)

If not, try this.

Power off. 

One stick of ram 1st slot. 

Power off switch PSU

Put clear cmos jump in clear position

Remove the battery. 

Let it sit for 1/2 hour to a full hour.

Install battery, remove cmos jumper and try a post with just the one stick.

Typically on a dual bios, if the first fails to post, the second bios will post with the stock bios. This bios cannot be flashed. So it may be possible you are running a cpu that was released after the factory bios.

That is all for now.