Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Having trouble getting Geforce experience working

Was wondering if somebody here has any ideas

I recently upgraded from an RX 570 4gb to an RTX 2060 KO, and i used DDU to unsintall the AMD software and i installed Geforce Experience and the latest driver

However when i open Geforce experience i get error code 0x0003 which tells me something went wrong and to try restarting my PC

Ive uninstalled and re-installed the Nvidia software multiple times, i went through basically all the steps listed for a "fix" in this link

https://www.minitool.com/news/fix-geforce-experience-error-code-0x0003.html

When i try the tip using Windows + R and searching services.msc, when i scroll down to the Nvidia section, Nvidia Telemetry Container  is not showing up. From what ive read, its supposed to be installed when you install the driver, but mine isnt being installed.

Ive tried to factory reset my PC, completely erase everything and when i do, it boots into windows after resetting, nothing has been changed and i eventually get a message saying windows ran into an issue resetting the PC and no changes were made.

Ive ordered a USB flash drive off amazon that will be here today, im gonna create a windows creation tool and attempt to re-install windows to see if that works but i figured i would check here first. If that doesnt work im gonna get a new clean boot drive(upgrade to an 1TB SDD over my current HDD).

Any other things i should try before trying to again completely erase everything and start fresh?

PC Specs

Intel I5 8400

Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370 Motherobard

32 GB Crucial Sport LT DDR 4 2400 MHZ(4x8 config)

EVGA RTX 2060 KO 6GB

EVGA B3 650W PSU

In case your wondering why Z370, when i built my PC, only Z370 mobos were available for 8th gen intel at the time

Do you really want to use nvidia geforce experience?

Cause unless you want to record footage or stream for example, you really don't need it...you can install only the driver package.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Do you really want to use nvidia geforce experience?

Cause unless you want to record footage or stream for example, you really don't need it...you can install only the driver package.

I usually use Geforce Experience to optimize games automatically and notify me of driver updates

I have considered just not using it as you say, its not really needed. Would prefer to have it working though.

Just now, Dovaogedy said:

I have considered that but i usually use Geforce Experience to optimize games automatically and notify me of driver updates

I have considered just not using it as you say, its not really needed. Would prefer to have it working though.

yeah, for me personally i've tested it and i feel i get better performance in games with it not installed...i don,t know... :)

it's up to you be personally i don't install it anymore, unless i want to record something in which case i install it but i remove it after ?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

Decided to move all my music to my m.2 SSD, bought a USB drive and re-installed windows

Geforce experience is back and running normally

Havent had a fresh install of windows in 6 years so it was time

Now to re-download all the game clients and other software

45 minutes ago, Dovaogedy said:

Now to re-download all the game clients and other software

If you have another HDD / SSD with your games on it using Steam or others, then all you need to do is redownload and install steam and when you go to download the game point it to where it already is on your second SSD.
That way you won't need to redownload all your games.

If you can, then you should.

3 minutes ago, 0x1e said:

If you have another HDD / SSD with your games on it using Steam or others, then all you need to do is redownload and install steam and when you go to download the game point it to where it already is on your second SSD.
That way you won't need to redownload all your games.

Yeah unfortunately i only got a 500gb M.2 SSD and a 1 TB HDD, a couple games carried over