Escape from tarkov specs

Dylan1131

I have an alienware aurora r6 and i was just wondering whats the best way to run EFT good without all the lag spikes and loading into the game anywhere from 8-15m que, i dont have an ssd think i could that could help any for the loading. Not a Pc mastermind just wanna play the game and other without hesisation. I do get 160-170pfs on Fortnite and z1, csgo is good aswell but just cant run EFT any help would be appreciated

30 minutes ago, Dylan1131 said:

I have an alienware aurora r6 and i was just wondering whats the best way to run EFT good without all the lag spikes and loading into the game anywhere from 8-15m que, i dont have an ssd think i could that could help any for the loading. Not a Pc mastermind just wanna play the game and other without hesisation. I do get 160-170pfs on Fortnite and z1, csgo is good aswell but just cant run EFT any help would be appreciated

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_from_Tarkov
closed beta.  For 2 years.  Extra weirdness.  I don’t think I’m even allowed to play this game.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Got curious.  Thing is kinda creepy maybe.  Not sure.  Was removed from steam.  Most current update is 0.12.  Has a website.  Gigantic cookie disclaimer button.  No idea how to even get the game, if it can be downloaded or bought. if it’s safe to play, all sorts of stuff.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

37 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Got curious.  Thing is kinda creepy maybe.  Not sure.  Was removed from steam.  Most current update is 0.12.  Has a website.  Gigantic cookie disclaimer button.  No idea how to even get the game, if it can be downloaded or bought. if it’s safe to play, all sorts of stuff.

Just because you can't figure out how to very easily buy a game on a website doesn't mean you can try to make a game sound suspicious.

There's nothing fishy about this game. Just slow development from a very small team. 

1 minute ago, JabroniBaloney said:

Just because you can't figure out how to very easily buy a game on a website doesn't mean you can try to make a game sound suspicious.

There's nothing fishy about this game. Just slow development from a very small team. 

“Make sound suspicious”?  I am suspicious.  There’s no “make sound” about it.

There may be no fire behind the smoke.  No reason for me to BE suspicious, but that’s a different thing.  Haven’t checked GoG or Epic yet.  Might be on there.  Might be it’s own thing. 

Back to the original question though:

If it’s FTP like the other games mentioned and it’s a battle royalle like it sounds, it’s going to have a server somewhere, and it’s closed beta. I suspect making this game run smooth may have nothing to do with user hardware and everything to do with the server.

21 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

“Make sound suspicious”?  I am suspicious.  There’s no “make sound” about it.

There may be no fire behind the smoke.  No reason for me to BE suspicious, but that’s a different thing.  Haven’t checked GoG or Epic yet.  Might be on there.  Might be it’s own thing. 

Back to the original question though:

If it’s FTP like the other games mentioned and it’s a battle royalle like it sounds, it’s going to have a server somewhere, and it’s closed beta. I suspect making this game run smooth may have nothing to do with user hardware and everything to do with the server.

Yeah, you're quite incorrect. Have fun spreading bs.

17 minutes ago, JabroniBaloney said:

Yeah, you're quite incorrect. Have fun spreading bs.

“Fun?” “Bs?”  That’s what you’re doing not what I’m doing.

you’re not spreading anything.  No data, no explanations.  No information.  Just laugh faces and complaining.  

I’m at least actually looking for stuff and saying what I found.

some more information:

The game is Russian.  Servers are apparently also Russian.

a “standard” account from the developer website which allows access to the closed beta wants $50.  I don’t know if one is needed though.  Registration appears to be free.  It also wants access to my machine though which I’m not going to give so that’s the end for me.  

I so far stand by my statement:  it’s a server from a small firm on another continent.  IF there is a free-to-play option (I’m not finding out myself) it’s really possible all the lag spikes and things are network or server related and improving the machine the client is running on may not do much.  The thing is very possibly mobbed by players.  

That’s all I got.  @JabroniBaloney implies this is not true.  It’s not impossible, but evidence so far says not likely.  S/he is at least pretending to have more info though s/he’s not actually saying anything other than complaining about what little I got which leads me to suspect a/he’s got nothing.  Could be wrong about that.  All I have to work with is laughter faces and complaining so I got no data.

Edited by Bombastinator
Typos

26 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

some more information:

The game is Russian.  Servers are apparently also Russian.

You're a xenophobe. Got it. 

12 minutes ago, JabroniBaloney said:

You're a xenophobe. Got it. 

Huh?  You got precisely zero.  About me at least.  You won’t even say anything about the game at all.  You just call me a liar and other names.

“Phobe” Maybe. That bit I’ll take.  I don’t trust anything on the internet.

The “Xeno” bit is provable crap though.  Do I think that steam is more evil?  Less evil?  No.  They’re both companies.  One just happens to be in a nation who’s laws I know nothing about.

Do I trust steam or epic particularly?  No.  They’re sueable though.  At least where I am.  

The fact that it’s Russian specifically isn’t important.  What is important is that it’s an indie, which is small, on another continent, running independent servers.  That’s it,  that’s all.   If I was a Russian looking at the same thing in America I would be equally hesitant, because of the exact same issues.  If the OP is Russian the game being Russian is good not bad.  If the OP is EU it may also be good not bad because the network will be overland.  There might be other issues.  I don’t know about them one way or the other though. 
This server is Canadian I assume.  It’s in a different country from where I am, but the cables are overland so the service is good. 

For me,  All the steam/epic thing would mean is that the server wouldn’t need to be accessed through a trans continental ocean cable, and the company operates under a set of restrictions I have a modicum of knowledge about.   That’s it.  That’s all.  Russian indie means the server has to be in Russia, which at least for me, is halfway across the planet.  CSGO doesn’t have this problem not because it’s parent isn’t Russian, but because it’s got servers all over the globe.  play CSGO in russia you’re playing in russia.  Play escape from torak  anywhere though and you’re playing in russia.  This may matter if you don’t happen to live in russia.  
When I got an Epic account I was actually under the impression that epic WAS Russian.  This didn’t bother me because I knew they had servers in the US.  Turns out they’re not.  Doesn’t matter.  A multinational is a multinational. 

I wouldn’t expect someone to have issues different in any way if the data was flowing in the other direction.  Trans continental ocean cable is transcontinental ocean cable.  Free-to-play servers are free-to-play servers.  Their nationality is totally irrelevant.  Their location relative to a player and server size is the only thing that might be. 

Let me make some observations about you:  You make unfounded accusations while still not denying Anything.  I think you actually agree with everything I’ve said because you haven’t actually disagreed with any of it in any useful way.  All there has been is shade and whining.

You accuses me of being a xenophobe.  It assumes “well I trust American companies because they’re American but not Russian ones because they’re Russian”. Nope. 

Small.

Indie.

single server and location is known: may cause problems.

Those are the reasons.  None have anything to do with your nationalist crap.

I will reiterate: 

I do not believe things like lag spikes and long long connect times have anything to do with the OP’s local hardware.   I think they’re network issues.

That was what he asked about.  You said that wasn’t true.   You didn’t say why.  I think you’re full of it.

I went so far as to look up the game.

It’s an indie.  In a nation who’s laws I know nothing about.

Do I trust the website enough to give it the personal data it wants or a credit card number?  Nope.

I give it the same trust I give American indies who do the same thing.

“Phobe” maybe.  “Xeno”? Bite  me.

a single server guis ?

spacer.png

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB