Warcraft 3 reforged is a complete disaster

spartaman64

Can you post a comparison that shows how the graphics are worse? Whatever I find only has other camera angles and zoom values. (You quoted a comparison i posted right there!) They did change the models to use in-engine models, but that has been known for a year and also because of player demand.

Can you show which kind of UI they promised? I never noticed that when waiting. ?

That may also fall under the "people bashed them for suggesting it" kinda deal tho. I have seen quite a few remastered games and people seem to be all jacked up for everything that is not 100% true to the original. Graphics only is what some people "demand". Even sounds are frowned upon by some, due to changing the atmosphere. I do enjoy the updated audio in WC3R tho. They even translated it, written and spoken!

Game cut-scenes are exactly as promised.

Changes to modding rules are in line with what every company does nowadays. I understand people not liking it, but those rules hardly make the game any better or worse, right?

It is a new release that usually also gets updated rules. It is their game, so their rules. Don't like them, don't use mods. Pretty easy actually.

The comparison videos you are talking about do not show anything missing or anything not advertised a year ago. If you find one that does, please post it here. I am honestly interested in finding one. 

Right now it just feels like people saw something at Blizzcon, then ignored everything advertised since then. Now people are mad because stuff changed between initial showing and now? That is... kind of... how games always work?! If they had a finished product back then, they would have released it back then. 

I get that people may have liked the original plan better, but other people may like the current plan better. I don't care either way, but lean on liking the current way (remaster, not redo) better. What annoys me more is all the badmouthing for stuff that has been known for a year or close to it. If people don't follow a game for a year and buy it without checking if anything changed, it is on them.

But oh well. People seem to love to hate on this one. Fine by me. Not gonna load it up again once I finish the campaign anyways, so I don't care if others flood the chats with fury and flames haha. I do urge people to just ignore those folks and enjoy the game tho. It is quite fun to play after playing the original a week ago. It has the same feel, yet it looks and plays so much nicer.

They removed the ladder? What's the point of a rerelease if you remove the ladder system?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Who cares?

Blizzard has been a dumpster fire since they released WOW essentially becoming the Disney of the gaming industry.

Why anyone continues to support this garbage rather then the many other smaller studios releasing new and creative content rather then rehashing the same old shit or jumping on trend bandwagons is beyond me.

21 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Between this and the China stuff from a few months back, they need to get their shit together....

You forgot the false-positive that leads to 6 months bans on WoW (Luke talked about having this exact issue on the WAN show!)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

They've refused me a refund; and i've not even installed the game yet.
Opened a ticket about, and it's been hours, still no reply. 

I'm done with Blizzard.

Owned their games since floppy discs for Warcraft 1, all the way to the new Warcraft 15th Anniversary edition. Blizzard of old is completely dead.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Again good example to not to follow studios or publishers but to follow the creators.

If you find a game that you love, take a note from the credits who made/designed those parts you loved and follow them or just follow the studios homepage to see who leaves and who stays. Kind of good, kind of bad examples for this are Remedy Entertainment (which leads have been the same since Death Rally and Max Payne 1 and still continue to be the same and they haven't failed to deliver a good game yet (Max Payne 3 wasn't made by Remedy, they sold the whole Max Payne away after the second one because they were finished with it)) and Cyan Worlds (which lost a lot after Riven when Miller brothers weren't as much in the lead as they were with Myst and Riven, but after Uru and getting back on it, Obduction was finally again good old Miller made game that is worthy to be the spiritual sequel to Riven). Of course these are my personal choices and people can disagree with them, I mostly follow the game designers because they are mostly the people who create how the game works and what it looks like (director having the last word for everything but usually when game has director it starts to be so huge that the director has named lead designer(s) who handle the prototyping, sketching and all that), leads are usually good choices to follow because they are up in the pyramid and have a lot to say what the final product will be but if you liked some 3D-model or texture or level or whatever, feel free to find out who made it (ask around and hope someone answers) and follow them, maybe one day they will be lead in some game and manage to make it great for you.

With this tip you would have known that there really isn't many persons who made the original WC3 working at Activision Blizzard, actually many of them probably haven't worked for them for years, and even from key people there's probably only 1 or 2 left, if even that. Like if they were to bundle up the team that created the original WC3 to make a remake, that's something you could rise some hopes for (big name here being Rob Pardo who served as the lead designer for WC3 and WoW and left the company in 2014 and founded Bonfire Studios in 2016 (which itself is quite interesting soup to watch for; quite interesting backgrounds for some key people and 4 years without announcing their first game; either they have another Duke Nukem: Forever on their hands and don't get anywhere or it might be something actually interesting)) because at least they would know what they are working with.

Yeah, I really can't see it, even after watching several videos of people crying bloody murder.

All I hear is "I wanted it different!"...

Guess I am easy to please when it comes to remastered games and don't lose my shit because I don't get a candy I saw in a promotional video 1.5 years ago.

Don't get me wrong. You can be as upset about Blizzard as you like. I don't care at all. I just don't agree on the basis of what people say and show. It is a remaster after all and not a new game or redo (since people also cried bloody murder when Blizzard wanted to redo the game...).

Good luck with your refunds. I hear a ticket usually does the trick if issued within 48 hours.

Just now, Tech Enthusiast said:

Yeah, I really can't see it, even after watching several videos of people crying bloody murder.

All I hear is "I wanted it different!"...

Guess I am easy to please when it comes to remastered games and don't lose my shit because I don't get a candy I saw in a promotional video 1.5 years ago.

Don't get me wrong. You can be as upset about Blizzard as you like. I don't care at all. I just don't agree on the basis of what people say and show. It is a remaster after all and not a new game or redo (since people also cried bloody murder when Blizzard wanted to redo the game...).

Good luck with your refunds. I hear a ticket usually does the trick if issued within 48 hours.

The game does not look to be worth $60. At most this should have been $20 or $30 like past remakes. AoE 2019 is $20 and it's only adding a few more modes, graphical enhancements, and better connectivity. That's worth the price. I don't see how having the same game with slightly better graphics and lost features is worth the $60. This isn't a reboot, it's a remake and should be priced as such. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Uhm, it is 30 dollars and not 60. 

Considering how much voice-overs in several languages alone cost, it is actually pretty cheap. If those voice-overs are of value to every buyer is another question tho. ?

55 minutes ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

Uhm, it is 30 dollars and not 60. 

Considering how much voice-overs in several languages alone cost, it is actually pretty cheap. If those voice-overs are of value to every buyer is another question tho. ?

Not everywhere is the US. And since Blizard already had the base game made, cost of voice overs as an excuse is a cop-out. There is/was far less work to be done than if they were re-doing WCIII from the ground up (which they quite clearly didn't).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I'm not even sure how they managed to turn an amazing game and turn it into shit but amazingly they did it.

But honestly with the way Blizzard has been making so many mistakes I am not surprised. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Not everywhere is the US. And since Blizard already had the base game made, cost of voice overs as an excuse is a cop-out. There is/was far less work to be done than if they were re-doing WCIII from the ground up (which they quite clearly didn't).

Canadian here - it's $40 CAD (just checked the Blizard store) - which is the standard game equivalent for games that would normally cost $30 in the US.

I've seen multiple people here claim it's a "$60 game" - so at least in the US and Canada, that's simply not true.

$40 CAD/$30 USD for a new release remastered game is totally within normal pricing. Whether you think it's worth full price is a different story - everyone has their own systems to measure value and determine worth.

But some amount of work did go into the game, so them asking $30 USD for it is not unreasonable at all.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I was messing around, apparently you cannot buy the original WC3 anymore. The Reign of Chaos site redirects to WC3 reforged. Though if I remember right it was pretty expensive, like 20 dollars each for Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Blizzard has had a lot of ups and downs.  After the many problems with the diablo 3 launch I had kind of written them off as a company that launches polished games despite their long wait times and delays.  They were pretty much delaying like crazy, pushing back the game, and launching stuff that wasnt ready.

They touted "blizzard DOTA" for YEARS and essentially have no one to blame but themselves for missing the bus on that.  I cant tell you how many of my friends would talk about how they couldnt wait for them to launch it and how a good polished version would be so fun rather than having to just play the modded ones.  They slept on it so long League and DOTA2 ate their lunch and by the time heroes of the storm launched player bases were well established in either of the other two games.  Massive loss.

But to their credit I had kind of written them off after that, but they had some super bright spots.  Hearthstone is phenomenal and very well made.  Overwatch the same.  They did fantastic work with those two games and I gave them back their props.

WC3R is just such poor form though.  They overpromised to the moon (and have the resources to deliver) but cheaped out, went for an easy cash grab, and it shows.  It is basically robbery in the first place to charge 30 bucks for a 20 year old game that has minimal changed, even worse when its basically a character model update and everything else is buggy or not what was promised.  Very bad look.

Not many things with 1000's of reviews end up in the 1's.  That many people agree on very little

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

I've just realised that I've got a fair few patches to install. My game installs as version 1.21b (aka the first version that doesn't need the CD to play).

Edit: Updated, EAX enabled, set to 1080p 32bit colours...the original is still nice (even though the models and textures do show their age). Certainly more functional than reforged.

image.thumb.png.8f78762521e1f868a43b89f68b500179.png

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I remember thinking I had to change my resolution when I started the game, but it was already running at 1440p and the "remastered" menus just looked that bad. I did the first level and realized the only thing that changed were the HD models, which did look alright but this wasn't nearly the remaster that even Starcraft 1 was.

And how in the world did they manage to screw up original Warcraft 3 players with the release of a remaster? That has to be a first for any gaming company, ever

5 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

The game does not look to be worth $60. At most this should have been $20 or $30 like past remakes. AoE 2019 is $20 and it's only adding a few more modes, graphical enhancements, and better connectivity. That's worth the price. I don't see how having the same game with slightly better graphics and lost features is worth the $60. This isn't a reboot, it's a remake and should be priced as such. 

AoE 2 DE is a steal at that price, they could have charged more easily. Nearly everything is redone or fixed. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

17 hours ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

The sad part about Blizzard:

They are still making the best games out there (with very few exceptions like Witcher obviously), despite being MUCH worse than they used to.

Disagree. What great games have they made anytime recently? Overwatch and if you want to consider this revamp of WoW. 

In that time EA has given us Apex, Titanfall, Plants v Zombie, Jedi Fallen Order, etc.

Ubisoft has given us Siege, Assasins Creed origins/odyssey, South Park, Farcry, The Division series, etc.

You could say they have released fewer bad games....but thats not hard when you release one game every 4 years.

Blizzard current state is why i completely stop playing all of their games. I dropped diablo and am tightly keeping an eye on Torchlight and Path of Exile. Especially PoE, probably the best aRPG i've played in the last decade.

And now that Torchlight Frontier as gone from f2p to b2p, the future looks bright for me there.

WoW stopped playing after WotLK, and moved to GW2 and as of last christmas, ESO. Played a FF14 for a month, probably the best classic-ish MMRPG i've ever played, too bad i can't justify the time i'd be able to put in for the subs price.

OW, fuck that game and it's matchmaker

Starcraft, never managed to get into it, tried it multiple time but would always end up bored and tune out mid game. AoE2 though still amazing, don't even feel the hours flying on that game.

And worst thing of all: forcing me to have the CoD icon on the battle.net launcher

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

Disagree. What great games have they made anytime recently? Overwatch and if you want to consider this revamp of WoW. 

In that time EA has given us Apex, Titanfall, Plants v Zombie, Jedi Fallen Order, etc.

Ubisoft has given us Siege, Assasins Creed origins/odyssey, South Park, Farcry, The Division series, etc.

You could say they have released fewer bad games....but thats not hard when you release one game every 4 years.

Couldn't agree more. Adding content to an existing game is not the same as releasing one. The last game Blizzard made was Overwatch in 2016 and before that, Hearthstone in 2014 and Diablo 3 in 2012. Everything after was either an expansion to an existing title or a remaster of an old one.

Blizzard used to make great games now they just try to wring as much profit out of their old and existing properties as they can. Speaking of which...

15 hours ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

Changes to modding rules are in line with what every company does nowadays. I understand people not liking it, but those rules hardly make the game any better or worse, right?

It is a new release that usually also gets updated rules. It is their game, so their rules. Don't like them, don't use mods. Pretty easy actually.

I most certainly would argue that the ability to modify a game makes it better than curtailing that ability. The fact that games like the original Warcraft 3 (2002), Heroes of Might & Magic 3 (1999), Skyrim (2011) and Witcher 3 (2015) are still heavily played in 2020 is largely due to the fact that those games have (had) a large and active modding community. In fact, the WC3 modding community is largely responsible for the creation of an entire genre of games.

Blizzard changing their rules specifically so they don't have another DOTA slip through their fingers makes modders hesitant to start work on Warcraft 3, which leads to less community support for the game, which leads to a less active community. You yourself have said that you're unlikely to ever boot the game up again after you played through it once, but the complaints are coming from people who have kept playing long after Blizzard stopped supporting the game officially through updates. You may not be interested in the multiplayer aspect of it, but the fact that Blizzard chose to remaster this game and not the first two is largely due to its popularity as a multiplayer game.

Related to this topic i guess.

Strong language with ultra high dynamic range. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Thought "it can't be that bad", bought the game. Took a look around and oh my word. No ultrawide support, crashes, features missing...

I did send in a ticket to Blizzard support, and I did end up getting the game refunded. Took a while for them to respond, but to be honest, it was relatively painless; I will not lie about that.

I will keep an eye on the game to see if there will be any improvements in the future. I was really excited to play, but boy, was I disappointed.

On 1/31/2020 at 5:18 PM, brain__washed said:

Thought "it can't be that bad", bought the game. Took a look around and oh my word. No ultrawide support, crashes, features missing...

I did send in a ticket to Blizzard support, and I did end up getting the game refunded. Took a while for them to respond, but to be honest, it was relatively painless; I will not lie about that.

I will keep an eye on the game to see if there will be any improvements in the future. I was really excited to play, but boy, was I disappointed.

It doesn't have ultrawide support? No buy from me then.

I had been looking forward to buying W3:R and playing it, especially since I never played TFT before. And when the first criticisms arose they sounded like they wouldn't really affect my enjoyment of the product because they seemed to be mostly missing MP features and I'm not interested in playing online. But the menu, modding, graphics issues, missing new UI, and the EULA clause that Blizzard owns your created mods (which I think is unenforceable nonsense that would never legally stand-up), and the fact that people who bought the original game can't keep playing that version is all too much.

Also, it's obscene that owners of the original release now have to download 30 GB of W3:R files to play their game when the original takes up only 1.35 GB. how does W3:R take up 30 GB when adding seemingly so little, anyhow?

If W3:R was just W3 with new models, I would be pretty disappointed but might still play it. But it seems to be a vastly inferior release of W3 to the original, with the only improvement being new models.

This is a very offensive release and I'll find another way to play TFT.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987