Software etc to be able to have hotkeys to toggle between fullscreen mode in any game?

Msuni
1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Because nobody wants to have a hotkey they can accidentally press that causes non-trivial amounts of disruption, especially for something that is typically set-once-and-done anyway.

Also Alt+Enter was the hot key for a while.

In all my time playing a game where there is a hotkey to do so, NEVER have I accidentally pressed it. I tab out of games very often to change the video etc and I want to play in fullscreen as i have a 144hz monitor. 

12 minutes ago, Msuni said:

In all my time playing a game where there is a hotkey to do so, NEVER have I accidentally pressed it. I tab out of games very often to change the video etc and I want to play in fullscreen as i have a 144hz monitor. 

I don't see how switching apps has anything to do with demanding a hotkey to switch which full screen mode you want as standard.

Is there some technical reason that makes switching full screen modes better?

3 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

I don't see how switching apps has anything to do with demanding a hotkey to switch which full screen mode you want as standard.

Is there some technical reason that makes switching full screen modes better?

I just switch between fullscreen modes quite often so it'd make things easier.

14 minutes ago, Msuni said:

I just switch between fullscreen modes quite often so it'd make things easier.

Exclusive fullscreen, at least according to Unity's recommendations, is useful if you're running low on video resources or you don't want the GPU rendering the desktop. Which in this case, if you're running a multi-monitor setup, exclusive fullscreen becomes sort of a moot point on the latter reason.

Just keep your games on full window borderless if you want to switch between apps easier. You also get an added bonus that Windows forces triple buffering and vsync on all desktop windows, so you're going to have no tearing and minimal input lag.