1060 crapped out on me...

Entropy.

I got a cyberpower prebuilt ~2 years ago or so. Had a 1060 single-fan in it, I don't do stressful work, probably never pushed it past 40%, the most intensive game I've played was Bejewled 3. But Today my gpu crapped out on me, when I turn my pc on, the fans spin up for around a second, then die. Can't find the issue, GPU looks fine, tried using integrated graphics (i5-7400F)- Still didn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

22 minutes ago, InnerBeast Gaming said:

I got a cyberpower prebuilt ~2 years ago or so. Had a 1060 single-fan in it, I don't do stressful work, probably never pushed it past 40%, the most intensive game I've played was Bejewled 3. But Today my gpu crapped out on me, when I turn my pc on, the fans spin up for around a second, then die. Can't find the issue, GPU looks fine, tried using integrated graphics (i5-7400F)- Still didn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks. 

How do you know the GPU died? A lot of GPU's have 0 fan mode, are you sure the fans used to spin up and stay spinning? My 1070 and 1080 both run without the fans spinning.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

21 minutes ago, InnerBeast Gaming said:

Thanks. 

The CPU doesn't have integrated graphics. That's why it's an i5-7400F.

1 minute ago, LIGISTX said:

How do you know the GPU died? A lot of GPU's have 0 fan mode, are you sure the fans used to spin up and stay spinning? My 1070 and 1080 both run without the fans spinning.

I'm pretty sure he's also not getting to boot. That's why he also tried it with the CPU (which has no iGPU) and said it "still didn't work". 

34 minutes ago, InnerBeast Gaming said:

tried using integrated graphics (i5-7400F)- Still didn't work. Any suggestions?

So it might not be the GPU

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

• The usual power down, unplug PC power, let sit ten minutes, then plug in and try a restart.
  • Then (unpowered, unplugged), re-seat everything, unplug-replug everything, inspect all fans & fins and air channels for debris that could be blocking airflow and causing an overheating shutdown (are modern boards still susceptible to dust shorts?). Try again.
  • If you're not familiar with putting a PC's components together, check appropriate videos on that before you do damage.

47 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

The CPU doesn't have integrated graphics. That's why it's an i5-7400F.

I'm pretty sure he's also not getting to boot. That's why he also tried it with the CPU (which has no iGPU) and said it "still didn't work". 

My bad- 7400. But damn are you toxic. Yes there is a 'no signal' popup on my montior- with hdmi.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

7 minutes ago, Canoe said:
  • The usual power down, unplug PC power, let sit ten minutes, then plug in and try a restart.
  • Then (unpowered, unplugged), re-seat everything, unplug-replug everything, inspect all fans & fins and air channels for debris that could be blocking airflow and causing an overheating shutdown (are modern boards still susceptible to dust shorts?). Try again.
  • If you're not familiar with putting a PC's components together, check appropriate videos on that before you do damage.

Thanks man- But I'm decent at this. Just wasn't when I got a prebuilt .-.

1 hour ago, InnerBeast Gaming said:

Thanks. 

Alright. I dunno what happened- but there was a problem with the VRAM, and RAM sticks are totally dead... Tried in another PC. Thanks for the help though. 

4 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

I wasn't? But okay, lmao.

Seriously though, if you think someone correcting you about something simple without even being rude means they're "damn toxic" then the problem might lie with you instead of them.

If you took graphics card out and still can't get video from the CPU, I'd look into possibly borrowing a PSU from a friend to test with that

Unless you already fixed it

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad