No RGB AIO Cooling solutions and RAM for 3950X on X570

Hi,

I use my computer for productivity, I don't need gimmicks or distractions. I already picked a non-RGB X570 motherboard, a 3950X, Non RGB noctua fans and thankfully my 1080ti predates the RGB fad. but I can't seem to find a good cooling solution for the 3950X that doesn't come with RGB. Memory is another pain in the ... I don't want to do a custom loop, so which 240mm AIO cooler comes with no RGB. Not just an option to disable it, no RGB whatsoever. I hate RGB with a passion. Personal choice. I want to concentrate on working and playing, I don't need a carnival next to me. Windowless cases seem to be going the way of the dodo bird as well, at least the good ones. Any help would be appreciated.

I see the H100i Pro only has a lit up CPU block, and that can be just set to be solid white or off. You could also possibly find an AIO without fans and then just put some non RGB fans on it.

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

You could always do air. U12A and D15 are more than enough for the 3950X.

Then no worries about RGB.

Have you considered air cooling too?

There are plenty of non-RGB memory kits out there, Corsair's Vengeance LPX and G.Skill's Ripjaws V come to mind as they are also particularly inexpensive, compared to other options.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

0G1A7677-Edit.thumb.jpg.a96c70e4f35a48efa53585f743809507.jpg

(Speaking from experience btw)

6 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

You could always do air. U12A and D15 are more than enough for the 3950X.

Then no worries about RGB.

How's the noise?

2 minutes ago, Flash_xx said:

How's the noise?

Near silent when doing normal work, a little louder when under full load.

Though it'll be the same thing just about if you go with a 240 AIO since it'll still use two fans.

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll go with air with the Noctua NH-D15 chromax.Black. I'll refurbish my favorite old case, the HAF 932. Needs a little paint. I miss the huge working space. Thanks again!

• 1 year later...
On 1/27/2020 at 9:02 PM, Flash_xx said:

Hi,

I use my computer for productivity, I don't need gimmicks or distractions. I already picked a non-RGB X570 motherboard, a 3950X, Non RGB noctua fans and thankfully my 1080ti predates the RGB fad. but I can't seem to find a good cooling solution for the 3950X that doesn't come with RGB. Memory is another pain in the ... I don't want to do a custom loop, so which 240mm AIO cooler comes with no RGB. Not just an option to disable it, no RGB whatsoever. I hate RGB with a passion. Personal choice. I want to concentrate on working and playing, I don't need a carnival next to me. Windowless cases seem to be going the way of the dodo bird as well, at least the good ones. Any help would be appreciated.

NZXT Kraken Z63 w 2 x 120 (or 140)