the cooler master mk850 is a scam?

LamoidZombieDog

So i just bought a cooler master MK850, and immediately realized the quality i was missing out on with my red dragon keyboard, but the original reason i bought it is for their pressure sensitive "aimpad" feature. their program sucks, and "corrupted" the keyboard multiple times, but when it works, i cant figure out how to use it. when i enable aim-pad for Beamng.drive it does not work right, it just spams the S key making my brake lights flash, and barely allows me to drive fowards. how do i configure this correctly? also, are reviews true about this aim-pad feature only being in a few keys like q w e r a s d f? when they show this keyboard they make it look like its easy to use works great and every key can do this, meaning i can use arrow keys to drive in games, but this doesn't seem to be the case, and im at the point where the only reason i would keep it, is because theres no other good pressure sensitive keyboards and the quality of this is pretty good.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Just now, Norwegiantweaker said:

comming from the guy that cant get a keyboard to work. auch.

go ahead and buy one, then download cooler masters shitty program, that continuously corrupts itself and your keyboard. then come back.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Just now, LamoidZombieDog said:

go ahead and buy one, then download cooler masters shitty program, that continuously corrupts itself and your keyboard. then come back.

pass. ill stick to keyboards that dont need software thanks :) . still tho not alot of people with the same issue as you so sounds like. user error. 

57 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

So i just bought a cooler master MK850, and immediately realized the quality i was missing out on with my red dragon keyboard, but the original reason i bought it is for their pressure sensitive "aimpad" feature. their program sucks, and "corrupted" the keyboard multiple times, but when it works, i cant figure out how to use it. when i enable aim-pad for Beamng.drive it does not work right, it just spams the S key making my brake lights flash, and barely allows me to drive fowards. how do i configure this correctly? also, are reviews true about this aim-pad feature only being in a few keys like q w e r a s d f? when they show this keyboard they make it look like its easy to use works great and every key can do this, meaning i can use arrow keys to drive in games, but this doesn't seem to be the case, and im at the point where the only reason i would keep it, is because theres no other good pressure sensitive keyboards and the quality of this is pretty good.

Im not sure if this makes a lot of sense to me.

to attempt to restate the problem: You bought a keyboard because it came with an app(why?!) and feel that this app continuously “corrupts” the keyboard but you can’t actually figure out how it works (so it might not actually be ‘corrupted’?) and even though you feel that the app is a failure you still...like the keyboard anyway..?

is there a question here? Or Is this a product review?  A review of the keyboard or the app?... A status update?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

To be honest, after reading the blurb on the product page relating to the aimpad feature and part of me thought that it was nothing but snake oil while the rest of me started thinking that you are using the system wrong as it states that it "mimics analog control" while no driving sim would have the brake assigned to the down direction on an analog stick (it alws would be on the left shoulder trigger on any controller), but regardless of that you only bought it because of the marketing blurb that it can replace all other controllers and even if the software worked (which wouldn't make it a scam if the software wasn't even coded properly) I highly doubt that it would be able to do what it states it can do which makes that feature more like snake oil then anything else (also if you only wanted to get it for using in racing games, you could have gotten a good quality racing wheel with pedals for the price of that keyboard and kept using your old keyboard).