Antec vs Corsair

Sumolizer

Here my only choices for replacing my faulty PSU(Antec HCG 520w which restarts under load)

Got a couple of OLD psu here to buy:

1)Antec VP450

2)Antec Neo Eco 450C (80+ Bronze)

3)Antec Neo Power 500

4)Antec Neo Eco 400C 

5)Antec Earthwatts Green 380D (The Cheapest)

6)Corsair CX430(Green)

7)Corsair CX500M(Green)

------Some other brands------

8)Thermal take TR2 430w (Also the Cheapest)

9) Cooler Master Elite 460 (I think its soo bad to even mention here)

These are my only options.

Specs:

i5 2400

GTX950

8 Gb ddr3 ram

PS:

I know all of these are pretty old but only these are available.I just don't want a FireBomb in my PC.

10 minutes ago, Sumolizer said:

Here my only choices for replacing my faulty PSU

If these were my options, i'd go CX430 (Green label)

If its only like $10 more, CX500M (Green label)

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

11 minutes ago, Sumolizer said:

6)Corsair CX430(Green)

7)Corsair CX500M(Green)

one of these

15 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

If these were my options, i'd go CX430 (Green label)

If its only like $10 more, CX500M (Green label)

The prices are same (IDK why)

So CX500M?

1 minute ago, Sumolizer said:

The prices are same (IDK why)

So CX500M?

Definitley CX500M then

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

32 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

Definitley CX500M then

33 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

Definitley CX500M then

50 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

one of these

So just read some reviews on newegg and many users were complaining of CX series being too risky and low quality.

These aforementioned PSU are both old versions (Like from 2012),

Just wanna ask Why not Antec?

Just now, Sumolizer said:

So just read some reviews on newegg and many users were complaining of CX series being too risky and low quality.

PSU tier list 

Just now, Sumolizer said:

Even riskier and lower quality

1 minute ago, BarackOBatman said:

Even riskier and lower quality

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

I've read this list. The mentioned (in the list) models are the ones over the wattage of 600w

@Sumolizer

The list is referring to all corsair 2012 (green) CX and CMX models with an advertised wattage of 600 watts or less

1 minute ago, Sumolizer said:

I've read this list. The mentioned (in the list) models are the ones over the wattage of 600w

the antec psu's you mentioned are in tier D.

the corsair psu's you mentioned are in tier C

2 minutes ago, Sumolizer said:

Tier C - Recommended for entry level desktops, low profile HTPCs, Office desktops, preferably GPUs with no external PCI-e power connection.

Just now, boggy77 said:

the antec psu's you mentioned are in tier D.

the corsair psu's you mentioned are in tier C

1 minute ago, BarackOBatman said:

@Sumolizer

The list is referring to all corsair 2012 (green) CX and CMX models with an advertised wattage of 600 watts or less

Got it . Thanks

Just now, boggy77 said:

Tier C - Recommended for entry level desktops, low profile HTPCs, Office desktops, preferably GPUs with no external PCI-e power connection.

2 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

@Sumolizer

Anyways, Last question.

Are these group regulated?

5 minutes ago, Sumolizer said:

Anyways, Last question.

Are these group regulated?

yes, I believe so