Pls help me choose GPU!

Right, my use-case has changed constantly over the last couple of months (it actually hasn't, but new shit comes out and I see pretty pictures on here and think "ah fuck it go on then" - and now I've lost sight of what I actually need).

What I actually need it for, is video recording with a 1080p60 webcam and editing afterwards using Sony Vegas. I record audio via USB interfaces into Ableton simultaneously. Vegas is more GPU intensive than CPU, Ableton obviously more CPU - Most apps I use prefer higher clock speeds. From a gaming perspective, I want to be able to play 1080p60 on at least high settings, but I game probably a couple hours a week max. I want to mainly play GOW and COD/Fortnite.

I've also included the monitor I own just for information. My problem, is I don't know what GPU I should aim for, with the remaining budget - and reading various "bang for buck" threads doesn't seem to make anything jump out at me. So please help?

This is what I have spec'd, I already have SSD storage - PC Part Picker List

This is my monitor

My budget is £750, but it is a budget, not a target. I literally just want to get this nailed down, and click buy. Many thanks in advance.

Solid build!

You should buy as much GPU as you can afford.

RTX 2060 and Radeon 5700 (NON XT) are solid offerings and should hopefully be available in you remaining £250 price range.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Palit-RTX2060-NE62060018J9-161F-graphics-Express/dp/B07MM5Z4G2/ref=sr_1_52?keywords=rtx+2060&qid=1579876924&s=computers&sr=1-52

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

If you can stretch your budget just a tiny bit more and your tasks don't require an Nvidia GPU, then the 5600XT would be the better choice, as it is almost on par with the RTX 2060 on average in terms of raw gaming performance.

Alternatively, you could also check the used market for a GTX 1080 or 1080Ti, which should perform about as well as a 2060 Super/RX 5600XT-5700, or a 2070 Super/RX 5700XT respectively, with the downside being that you do lose out on warranty though.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I would go for the RTX 2070 as you have a 4k monitor, nothing less than that!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

21 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

I certainly could! Obviously with the recent release of the 5600 XT this was on the list, seems to hold up well in reviews as well. I notice you change the motherboard there, is there any difference between the two really? (Apart from £20!) 

16 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

If you can stretch your budget just a tiny bit more and your tasks don't require an Nvidia GPU, then the 5600XT would be the better choice, as it is almost on par with the RTX 2060 on average in terms of raw gaming performance.

Alternatively, you could also check the used market for a GTX 1080 or 1080Ti, which should perform about as well as a 2060 Super/RX 5600XT-5700, or a 2070 Super/RX 5700XT respectively, with the downside being that you do lose out on warranty though.

I'd prefer the peace of mind of a warranty, I know my luck! Don't require Nvidia, no so I think at this point I'm looking at the 5600 XT then.

4 minutes ago, Constantin said:

I would go for the RTX 2070 as you have a 4k monitor, nothing less than that!

Yeah one thing about that, I do have a 4k monitor but I don't really need it, I rarely ever watch anything in 4k and don't do any editing in it. Do you think I'd be better off selling and getting a 144hz 1080p? Would that be in budget assuming I'd get £150ish for the screen?

1 minute ago, sebotobes said:

Do you think I'd be better off selling and getting a 144hz 1080p?

i would never do this exchange!!!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Just now, Constantin said:

i would never do this exchange!!!

Why not? I don't see the point in having functionality I don't use :|

2 minutes ago, sebotobes said:

I notice you change the motherboard there, is there any difference between the two really? (Apart from £20!) 

the mortar has a bit better vrm's meaning it can handle the 12 core 3900x, while the pro-vdh can only handle a 8-core 3700x. if you ever think of going more than 8 cores, those extra £20 would be a good investment. an even better investment would be @Mateyyy's MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard, if you're not dead set on matx form factor.

Why not? I don't see the point in having functionality I don't use :|

You are comparing 4K with 1080p.... not me!!!

4 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

the mortar has a bit better vrm's meaning it can handle the 12 core 3900x, while the pro-vdh can only handle a 8-core 3700x. if you ever think of going more than 8 cores, those extra £20 would be a good investment. an even better investment would be @Mateyyy's MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard, if you're not dead set on matx form factor.

Probably not any time soon mate. I don't have any particular affection for either form factor, I guess just go for the pro-vdh and save £20..

1 minute ago, weeblord said:

What is it?

This is my monitor

2 minutes ago, sebotobes said:

This is my monitor

It doesn't specify refresh rate so 60hz im guessing?

My Build (5800X3D, RTX 3070)

disclaimer: i probably don't know what I'm talking about but I try to give the best advice I can

Just now, weeblord said:

It doesn't specify refresh rate so 60hz im guessing?

You are correct.

You are correct.

It's really between if you want a nicer resolution or higher refresh rate, but I have this MSI monitor and it looks pretty good for the price

I haven't opened the box, though. Gonna wait till I get my other PC components first.

edit: nevermind, the price jacked up to ~$340. I got it for $180.

disclaimer: i probably don't know what I'm talking about but I try to give the best advice I can

9 minutes ago, weeblord said:

It's really between if you want a nicer resolution or higher refresh rate, but I have this MSI monitor and it looks pretty good for the price

I haven't opened the box, though. Gonna wait till I get my other PC components first. 

edit: nevermind, the price jacked up to ~$340. I got it for $180.

I guess so, I wonder what 1440p heights I could reach. I'm only a casual gamer, so until I inevitably catch the bug I'm sure a nice balance of 1440p60 would be nice until I want/can afford to upgrade.

How do you resist to open it lol. 

Would anybody take the discounted RTX 2060 KO over the 5600 XT just out of interest?

Edited by sebotobes
specify GPU

52 minutes ago, sebotobes said:

Would anybody take the discounted RTX 2060 KO over the 5600 XT just out of interest?

only if you care about raytracing

23 hours ago, sebotobes said:

If you can find it. Most places do not have it in stock currently, and if you are not planning to do mostly workstation tasks (2060 KO got a BIOS upgrade that makes it comparable to the 2080 in that regard, but only for stuff like Blender), then the 5600 XT is better.

23 hours ago, sebotobes said:

How do you resist to open it lol.

With extreme patience. I have already passed the product return date so if anything is wrong with the monitor I am officially screwed

edit: here is another monitor that is 1440p120hz, but not from a recognizable brand. Youtube reviews said it was alright though.

edit 2: this one is on sale for $280

Edited by weeblord
sale