AMD 3600x idle temp with stock fan? and recommend a less noise fan?

I recently built my first Gaming PC computer (Specs in link and at the end) based on the AMD 3600x processor running of a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro.

The build is great but the stock cpu fan is noisy and keeps changing rpm very frequently during idle and light use, while gaming it is fixed high rpm. The default fan curve in the Gigabyte SIV app changes the cpu fan very frequetly, when its a bit hot the fan rotates faster so it cools more, goes back to low rpm when it gets hot again, and keeps going up and down all the time. I changes the curve to have static rpm for the average temp, but still annoying.

is this the default behavior with the stock fan or was this my fault during installation? I used everything stock as I don't have thermal paste at the moment.

Idle CPU temp: varies 38C-62C very frequently

Gaming temp: ~60-62C, is this the idle for this stock fan?

I am already willing to change for something less noisy and more powerful in cooling the cpu, the local store has in stock the Noctua U14S, I think this is a super cooler even for future CPU upgrades, and its price is in the range I am willing to pay to stay cool and with less noise.

as a side note, I just super love the GPU and PSU: they both have zero rpm during idle !!!!

Thanks

Computer: AMD 5900x | PNY RTX 4080 | 32GB DDR4-3600 GSkill Neo | Corsair RM750x

Monitor : Dell 27" 1440@165Hz (S2721DGFA)

It's the same for the entire Ryzen range cos it boosts frequently to complete tasks, and that boosts temps for a short while so the fan ramps up to keep pace, and then rapidly cools down cos the work is done and clock speed goes back to idle.    Only way is to make your fan curve even flatter than before, 30-60c flat at about 75%, then 61c onwards 100%.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I haven't owned a AMD cpu since FX, my experience from those fans is that they were loud and annoying. I would recommend picking up a hyper 212 Black Edition if your looking for something that's pretty good and cheap. Ive been using it for a bit and ive been fairly pleased with it.  

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-RR-212S-20PK-R1-Contact-Silencio/dp/B07H25DYM3/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2ETSL63NYMG93&keywords=hyper+212+black+edition&qid=1579751965&sprefix=hyper+2%2Caps%2C214&sr=8-2

Default Cpu High temp Alert is 70c = Fan 100%. Default throttle Cpu temp is 95c.

Go into bios and Hit F6. Create a manual set up fan curve or just try silent mode :)

those temps are typical of any ryzen processor regardless of your cooling solution.  there's a reason big tower coolers and aios have been so popular lately, they're simply as quiet as coolers come. 

41 minutes ago, maestro_it said:

The Ryzen 3000 series has a new cooler, versus the 1xxx & 2xxx series. The new cooler is made by Foxconn, and is all aluminum. Previous versions were made by Cooler Master, featured a copper vapor-chamber insert, and a slower fan. 

So the newer ones are louder & a bit warmer.

My Ryzen 7 2700 games at around 55-63°c, with the Wraith Spire operating 2200-2400 RPM. 

For a while, I had an Enermax T50 on it & that never got above 55°c. 

Thanks for the info, I like a silent PC with no sudden rpm increases, any third party cooler would be better than the stock AMD 3600x one?

I went with the 3600x over the 3600 to have the better cooler thinking it would be a good one, ended up not liking it at all.

Computer: AMD 5900x | PNY RTX 4080 | 32GB DDR4-3600 GSkill Neo | Corsair RM750x

Monitor : Dell 27" 1440@165Hz (S2721DGFA)

16 minutes ago, maestro_it said:

Thanks for the info, I like a silent PC with no sudden rpm increases, any third party cooler would be better than the stock AMD 3600x one?

I went with the 3600x over the 3600 to have the better cooler thinking it would be a good one, ended up not liking it at all.

Anything with more mass will cool better, not necessarily any 3rd party cooler. 

Does the 3600x come with the Spire or the Prism? The Spire is the only one I know for sure got changed. Others should still be the same as earlier generations. 

But yeah, any tower cooler big enough to fit a 120mm or larger fan, and usually priced more than $25 USD will get the job done with minimal noise increase. 

A double-tower heatsink (like Noctua) should almost be able to cool without the fans ramping up at all. (Provided good chassis airflow)

Can't speak for the stock fan, but I am running a hyper 212 Evo on my 3600x. I can't hear it and it stays cool.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

5 hours ago, asand1 said:

Can't speak for the stock fan, but I am running a hyper 212 Evo on my 3600x. I can't hear it and it stays cool.

Same. I have the black edition.  It's very silent. Under stress situations (prime95) it gets to around 71 with 40% fan, but silent as a mouse.  Gaming or everyday use, never breaks 60c

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man