Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Better for the long run

So I'm split between the RX 5700 and the RX 5600 XT. I bought a Ryzen 5 3600 and am planning to game kn 1080/60 for now, along other stuff like photo and video editing. I won't upgrade it for the next 5ish years at least, sp which one should I get?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RandomKidd said:

So I'm split between the RX 5700 and the RX 5600 XT. I bought a Ryzen 5 3600 and am planning to game kn 1080/60 for now, along other stuff like photo and video editing. I won't upgrade it for the next 5ish years at least, sp which one should I get?

How about waiting for the actual reviews of the 5600XT? They are arriving.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, NoGanksEric said:

Of you want it to last for 5 years get the 5700xt. 

Too expensive, my RX 480 lasted for that long and could probably go for another few years...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RandomKidd said:

Too expensive, my RX 480 lasted for that long and could probably go for another few years...  

I have an rx580 and it doesn't do 1080p 60fps on ultra. I struggle to hit 40 in the division 2 or rdr2 when I drank up the settings 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, NoGanksEric said:

I have an rx580 and it doesn't do 1080p 60fps on ultra. I struggle to hit 40 in the division 2 or rdr2 when I drank up the settings 

I think it's reasonable that for a 4 year old card to have to sacrifice some settings to get good framerates. I do it on my Ryzen system that aslo has an RX 580 and I'm satisfied with it.

 

I believe when people say "5 years" they include this concession

 

OP: the 5600 XT reviews are out and with it's new factory overclocked BIOS, it's basically already tapped out, despite chasing within a few % of the 5700. The 5700 on the other hand has some more headroom and also has more memory bandwidth and RAM, so it will probably overclock better and last longer.

 

I personally would wait for a $299 sale on a 5700 (seems to happen often enough) and get that over the 5600xt.

 

Or save up another $70 and get a lower end 5700XT.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

 

My System: i9-10900KF 5.1-5.3ghz @ 1.365v // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite AX // 32GB (4x8) Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4 4000/CL18 // ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC // Corsair 275R Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x3 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Samsung 860 EVO/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: /Lenovo L24Q-30/Lenovo L24Q-30 // Corsair K60 Pro SE // Corsair Harpoon Wireless // Corsair H70 Gaming Headset

 

Wife's System: i7-8700 // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // Gigabyte Z390M Gaming // 32GB (4x8) Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3200 // Gigabyte KO RTX 3070 // Cooler Master Master Box NR400 ODD // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Samsung 860 EVO/4TB Western Digital HDD // Displays: LG Ultragear 27GL83A-B/AOC AGON AG241QX/ASUS VG248QE // Corsair K68 Mechanical Keyboard  Logitech G602 // LG BDRW // NexStar 5.25" USB 3 Enclosure

 

TV Gamer: i7-8700k 5.0ghz All-core delidded @1.375v // Deepcool Gamerstorm Assassin III // Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 // 32GB (4x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 // XFX 5700XT RAW II // Corsair 275R Airflow // Intel 660P 1TB NVME M.2 SSD/4TB Western Digital Blue // Display: 50" Westinghouse 1080p // Rii Wireless Mini Keyboard w/Touchpad/Xbox One Controllers

 

TV Gamer 2: Intel i3-10100 // ASRock H410M-HDV/M.2 // 16GB (2x8) DDR4 T-Force Vulcan 2666 // XFX RX 580 8GB XXX Edition // Rosewill FBM-X2 // Gigabyte P750GM // 480GB PNY CS1311 SSD/2TB Seagate HDD // Display: LG 50" 4k TV // Rii Wireless Mini Keyboard w/Touchpad/Xbox One Controllers Donated.

 

Son's System: i5-9400 // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 // 16GB (2x8) GeIL Potenza DDR 3200 //ASUS RX 570 4GB // NZXT S340 Black // Seasonic S12II 620w Bronze // 525GB Crucial MX300/1TB WD SN550 // Display: ACER Nitro VG240Y/ PBiip / Dell P2417H // Logitech G413 // Logitech G203

 

Daughter's System: i3-8350k // Cooler Master i71c // MSI H310M Pro VDH-Plus // 8GB (2x4) Leven DDR4 2666 (2400) // Zotac GTX 1060 3GB Mini // DarkFlash Micro ATX White // Corsair CX550 // 480GB PNY CS1311 SSD/2TB Seagate HDD // Display: ASUS VG245H // Redragon TKL Mechanic Keyboard + Mouser

 

Ryzen 5 1600 // Gigabyte B450 Aorus M Retired.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

I think it's reasonable that for a 4 year old card to have to sacrifice some settings to get good framerates. I do it on my Ryzen system that aslo has an RX 580 and I'm satisfied with it.

 

I believe when people say "5 years" they include this concession

 

OP: the 5600 XT reviews are out and with it's new factory overclocked BIOS, it's basically already tapped out, despite chasing within a few % of the 5700. The 5700 on the other hand has some more headroom and also has more memory bandwidth and RAM, so it will probably overclock better and last longer.

 

I personally would wait for a $299 sale on a 5700 (seems to happen often enough) and get that over the 5600xt.

 

Or save up another $70 and get a lower end 5700XT.

Thanks, I found a XFX 5700 for around 360€ and I'm probably gonna get it...

 

Btw, I was thinking, seeing how I have everything apart from the GPU and the PSU, to hook up my old ones (RX 480 and thermaltake litepower 650w (shitty, I know, but it'll only be in for a week max)), and then when the new GPU comes to just ddu the old drivers and istall new ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say buy as much graphics card as you can afford.

5700 over the 5600XT. If you can afford it, 5700XT

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

Link to post
Share on other sites

5700 simply because it is a little bit more powerful, but mainly because of the extra 2 GB VRAM. If you intend to use the card for a long period of time, it is likely you will run in problems with insufficient VRAM with having only 6 GB available. 8 GB in this case is more "futureproof" even if this forum hates that term.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Generally speaking I always say go for the best GPU you can reasonably afford.  Overall the GPU seems to always have the most impact on how long you can wait before upgrading especially since even a 5-10 fps difference at your personal minimum acceptable graphics performance can actually mean the difference between everything being great and horrible game play experience.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×