What Happens if I power on without CPU?

I'm in the process of building a new PC, and I have every part except the CPU, which will be either a Ryzen 7 3800x or Ryzen 9 3900x, and the GPU, which will probably be a 2080 SUPER. I kind of just want to see what my new Corsair QL fans look like really quick, but would that be bad for the computer overall?

never tried it. prob. power on but nothing will actually do anything else

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

You might get power to the lights or you might not but you won't kill anything.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

You might get power to the lights or you might not but you won't kill anything.

Okay, thanks. I'm going to try it. Wish me luck!

If computers haven't changed much in the past 10 years when it comes to powering it without a CPU the answer is it won't POST. It will sit in a sort-of "pre-POST" state powering the devices. It will stay like that until you hit the power button a second time where it will shutdown immediately.

Short answer is it won't hurt the system at all.

I once put an LGA 775 CPU in an LGA 775 socket that had a different chipset than the CPU needed. The computer did not boot to anything, but the fans did turn on. After I put the old CPU back in, everything worked just fine. I later put the CPU that didn't work in that system in a different motherboard where it's now been in and worked for many years. :) If things haven't changed since, I don't think anything bad would happen. Do make sure no dust can get in your socket.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

10 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

If computers haven't changed much in the past 10 years when it comes to powering it without a CPU the answer is it won't POST. It will sit in a sort-of "pre-POST" state powering the devices. It will stay like that until you hit the power button a second time where it will shutdown immediately.

Short answer is it won't hurt the system at all.

Right, I knew it wouldn't POST. I honestly just wanted to see my fan LEDs in action for the first time, since it might be another months or two before I get my CPU.