Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Would the PS4 work on a 2018 Toyota Highlander XLE FWD US outlet?

So, I have a PS4, and a 2018 Toyota Highlander equipped with this. Would the PS4 drain the battery or no? Also, if I get a HTPC (not soon), you would see a post like this with similar things or something.

Bonzilink

whats the power rating of the outlet?

How much power does your ps4 use?

Normally these outlets aren't powered unless the engine is on.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

whats the power rating of the outlet?

How much power does your ps4 use?

Normally these outlets aren't powered unless the engine is on.

PS4 is 150w and the Highlander has a regular U.S outlet, 120V VAC. Look at the owners manual.

Bonzilink

1 minute ago, Bonzilink said:

PS4 is 150w and the Highlander has a regular U.S outlet, 120V VAC. Look at the owners manual.

The manual states that you should not use devices that consume more than 100W or else the protection circuit will cut the power supply.

The Main Rig

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X | RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE | Storage: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1.2TB Fusion ioDrive2, 3x1TB HDDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA | Cooling: Reeven Ouranos with Noctua NF-A15 Chromax | Case: Cooler Master NR600 | PSU: NZXT C 750W

Oculus Rift CV1: 2x Sensors

Apple Corner

MacBook Pro (Early 2015, A1502) 13": CPU: Intel Core i5-5257U | RAM: 16GB DDR3-1867 | Storage: 256GB SM0256G SSD | GPU: Intel Iris 6100 | iPhone XS Max 64GB (Space Grey) | Apple Watch Series 2 (42mm) | AirPods (2nd Generation)

Other Assorted Tech

Nintendo Switch (Gray, HAC-001) with modded Joy-Cons (Blue housings and D-Pad) | Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer | PS4 Fat | PS Vita PCH-1000 (Henkaku 3.60 CFW)

Just now, TheSLSAMG said:

The manual states that you should not use devices that consume more than 100W or else the protection circuit will cut the power supply.

Ah crap... But the 150w is using games that require high wattage, like Hitman 2.

Bonzilink

1 minute ago, Bonzilink said:

The Highlander's outlet is only rated at 100 watts.  Mine won't work with my Milwaukee 18v charger that draws 140 watts, it trips every time.

On 1/18/2020 at 9:39 PM, Bonzilink said:

For future reference, a voltage rating without a current rating with it is completely useless with regards to how much power it spits out. Power is voltage multiplied by current.

Like what everyone else said, your car can't supply enough wattage for your PS4 to work properly. 

Also, off-topic but do you happen to use the RCR subreddit?

PC Setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 V1 8GB | Motherboard: ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM: 2x8GB Patriot DDR4 at 2400MHz | Storage: 256GB Inland Professional NVMe SSD, 120GB Inland Professional SATA SSD and 2TB WD Blue 2.5" 5400rpm HDD | Case: Cooler Master N400 | Cooler: Cryorig H7 | PSU: EVGA G3 550 | Headphones: Sony MDR-7506 | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K65 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero | Capture cards: StarTech PEXHDCAP2 (for HDMI and 480p analog captures) and AVerMedia C027 (for interlaced captures) | Monitor: Dell 3008WFP

Local dickhead, PlayStation 2 enthusiast and VHS collector.

Volume / Normalized 100% / 67% (content loudness 3.4dB)

@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Brendan :^

On 1/21/2020 at 2:45 PM, handymanshandle said:

Like what everyone else said, your car can't supply enough wattage for your PS4 to work properly. 

Also, off-topic but do you happen to use the RCR subreddit?

yeah why

Bonzilink

Looks like based on the others' information, this won't quite work.

I wonder if you could go with something like a golf cart battery, charge it using the outlet during driving, and then be able to run the PS4 off of it lmao. Weird idea, but one that might possibly work if you're willing. ;)