Would the PS4 work on a 2018 Toyota Highlander XLE FWD US outlet?

Bonzilink

So, I have a PS4, and a 2018 Toyota Highlander equipped with this. Would the PS4 drain the battery or no? Also, if I get a HTPC (not soon), you would see a post like this with similar things or something.

Bonzilink

whats the power rating of the outlet?

How much power does your ps4 use?

Normally these outlets aren't powered unless the engine is on.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

whats the power rating of the outlet?

How much power does your ps4 use?

Normally these outlets aren't powered unless the engine is on.

PS4 is 150w and the Highlander has a regular U.S outlet, 120V VAC. Look at the owners manual.

Bonzilink

1 minute ago, Bonzilink said:

PS4 is 150w and the Highlander has a regular U.S outlet, 120V VAC. Look at the owners manual.

The manual states that you should not use devices that consume more than 100W or else the protection circuit will cut the power supply.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Just now, TheSLSAMG said:

The manual states that you should not use devices that consume more than 100W or else the protection circuit will cut the power supply.

Ah crap... But the 150w is using games that require high wattage, like Hitman 2.

Bonzilink

1 minute ago, Bonzilink said:

The Highlander's outlet is only rated at 100 watts.  Mine won't work with my Milwaukee 18v charger that draws 140 watts, it trips every time.

On 1/18/2020 at 9:39 PM, Bonzilink said:

For future reference, a voltage rating without a current rating with it is completely useless with regards to how much power it spits out. Power is voltage multiplied by current.

On 1/21/2020 at 2:45 PM, handymanshandle said:

Like what everyone else said, your car can't supply enough wattage for your PS4 to work properly. 

Also, off-topic but do you happen to use the RCR subreddit?

yeah why

Bonzilink

Looks like based on the others' information, this won't quite work.

I wonder if you could go with something like a golf cart battery, charge it using the outlet during driving, and then be able to run the PS4 off of it lmao. Weird idea, but one that might possibly work if you're willing. ;)