What is an acceptable ticket response time?

NotSoEpicMods

So I'm currently a little frustrated in the customer support time of a well known tech related company. I originally submitted a ticket on Jan 11 and did not get a response until Jan 14 and I submitted a response that afternoon and haven't heard a word since. I was kinda wondering what an acceptable response time for support tickets should be? I would expect 24-48 hours to be pretty standard or are my expectations out of line? I've already tried contacting support, before I sent the ticket, by phone and got a very unprofessional sounding voice recording and got automatically disconnected.

More links in my profile! Builds: Project(Main Rig): Cosmos Sv2 -- 2nd PC: Old School AMD -- Project: HD4890 Revival,

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Specs Below ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Cosmos Sv2:

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.1ghz
  • Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-A
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000
  • GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Turbo
  • Case: Modded Cosmos S (Cosmos Sv2)
  • Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe, 2x WD Red 2TB raid 1, 150GB Toshiba 2.5"
  • PSU: Corsair HX850
  • Display(s): Samsung LC32JG50QQNZA 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz, LG 29UM58-P 29.0" 2560x1080 75 Hz
  • Cooling: Custom Loop
  • Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum
  • Mouse: Corsair Dark Core
  • Sound: Oboard with Logitech something or other 5.1 speakers and HyperX Headset
  • PC Part Picker URL: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/NotSoEpicMods/saved/LYysZL

Old School AMD:

• CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev1.0
  • RAM: 16GB Patriot Sector 5
  • GPU: XFX HD 7950
  • Case: Cougar MX330-G Glass Window
  • Storage: 2x HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 
  • PSU: Corsair 650W
  • Display(s): Samsung 32"
  • Cooling: Hyper 212+
  • Keyboard: Logitech G110
  • Mouse: Logitech M100
  • Sound: HyperX Headset

I'd say that's unacceptable, but it also depends on who you're contacting. If you're contacting Asus, MSI, Corsair, etc. who have the resources to staff an adequate support crew, it's very unacceptable. With smaller companies it's at least understandable, albeit a recipe for failure.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

4 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

I'd say that's unacceptable, but it also depends on who you're contacting. If you're contacting Asus, MSI, Corsair, etc. who have the resources to staff an adequate support crew, it's very unacceptable. With smaller companies it's at least understandable, albeit a recipe for failure.

I would say they're definitely in that tier of manufacturers you mentioned which is why I was so surprised.

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

The 11th was a Saturday, which I'd expect is typically outside of business hours for most companies. Monday is catch up day to handle all the tickets from the weekend.

So I don't think it's unreasonable.

Yes I totally understood that as reasonable but I'm on my 3rd day after my reply to them now and the fact that they don't have a queue system for their call in support kinda baffles me. I mean I can't even leave a message for them to get back to me.

More links in my profile! Builds: Project(Main Rig): Cosmos Sv2 -- 2nd PC: Old School AMD -- Project: HD4890 Revival,

Cosmos Sv2:

• Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe, 2x WD Red 2TB raid 1, 150GB Toshiba 2.5"
  • Display(s): Samsung LC32JG50QQNZA 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz, LG 29UM58-P 29.0" 2560x1080 75 Hz
  • Sound: Oboard with Logitech something or other 5.1 speakers and HyperX Headset
  • PC Part Picker URL: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/NotSoEpicMods/saved/LYysZL

Old School AMD:

most ive known reply in 12 hours more than 24 hours between messages and I would phone up.

12 minutes ago, NotSoEpicMods said:

I would say they're definitely in that tier of manufacturers you mentioned which is why I was so surprised.

Yes I totally understood that as reasonable but I'm on my 3rd day after my reply to them now and the fact that they don't have a queue system for their call in support kinda baffles me. I mean I can't even leave a message for them to get back to me.

who are they if u dont mind me asking?

1 hour ago, The Torrent said:

who are they if u dont mind me asking?

It's Cooler Master, they've been around for a long time now and are well established so it makes me wonder why their customer support seems so lacking in my eyes. I guess I'm just frustrated because one of the fan speed indicator LEDs on the I/O panel of the C700M I bought is not working and the return to seller window is closing in on me and I just want to know if I can get a replacement I/O board even if I had to pay for it.

Cosmos Sv2:

Old School AMD:

At work I generally try to have a 1-2 response time. If I can get to it faster, I will. For companies, 24-48 hours. I am willing to let it go for 1 week. After that, they are dead to me. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

On 1/17/2020 at 2:48 PM, NotSoEpicMods said:

So I'm currently a little frustrated in the customer support time of a well known tech related company. I originally submitted a ticket on Jan 11 and did not get a response until Jan 14 and I submitted a response that afternoon and haven't heard a word since. I was kinda wondering what an acceptable response time for support tickets should be? I would expect 24-48 hours to be pretty standard or are my expectations out of line? I've already tried contacting support, before I sent the ticket, by phone and got a very unprofessional sounding voice recording and got automatically disconnected.

Depends on three things:

1. Time of day, if you sent the ticket at 5pm on a friday, you should not expect a response before three business days. The "three business day" type of turn around is typical.

2. Ticket caseload, if you're trying to do a ticket for (thing) and that (thing) is a bit of a lemon, there might be a special pre-handling of the tickets for that (thing), like a legal "Do not alter this email" type of thing.

3. Your tone. It's very well known that customers who give a veneer of impatience, end up waiting longer. Customer service people are people to, and they don't want to deal with people who sound like they're having a bad day because then they're having a bad day too.

Now, if you're calling, by phone, and was disconnected, that tells me you tried to call outside business hours. A lot of phone IVR systems will drop new incoming calls when the queue is closed, and only people still in the queue at closing time may get answered, but when I worked at AT&T Wireless, the system maintenance also happened at exactly the same time the queues closed, so if you called in and got an answer at 1 minute after the queue closed, the system wouldn't even let you verify the person on the phone. "Sorry, come back tomorrow when we're open, there's absolutely nothing I can do." Also conveniently, nobody wanted to take the last calls near queue-closing time because they would miss the bus if they did.

On 1/19/2020 at 1:34 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Depends. 1-3 business days is good. Usually within week.

Yea I'm going to give them at least a week. Guess I'm just concerned by the "why is there no support" and "my ticket hasn't been answered for a month" topics in their forum. I guess you only really ever here the bad stories though

On 1/19/2020 at 3:05 PM, Kisai said:

-snip-

Thanks for your insights. I did submit the ticket within their office hour times(in the afternoon for them) but I do understand an extra day because of that. It's just a replacement part but not sure what warranties they have to do internally. I'm also nothing but polite and try to be as informative as possible for CS staff(at least to a more than reasonable point) I did work in CS(more person to person not on the phone/online) and I know how it feels when people treat you like crap and still expect you to help them. When I called by phone I mainly just wanted to make sure my response to them got processed because their site was giving me a lot of errors when I was replying and I didn't want to spam them. I made sure I was calling during their office hours(4 hours before they say they close) because I don't expect them to be answering anything or even have a queue line running after hours. 

On 1/19/2020 at 4:43 PM, Arika S said:

1-3 business days for a manufacturer. 

2-4 business days for a store

Thanks gonna give them a week I guess.

Cosmos Sv2:

Old School AMD:

What is acceptable is defined by the business. So as long as it falls within their SLA it is fine. Just for us consumers it feels like it takes too long.