What do you think of Nebula? How does it compare to Floatplane?

e22big
Go to solution Solved by tatte,

Nebula isn't just tech Youtubers, it's mostly born out of Youtube demonetising certain topics. Floatplane on the other hand was born to replace the.. whatever the previous service was called? This has been discussed many times, they're fundamentally different. For all I care Floatplane is like better Patreon, while Nebula is a place for content that Youtube is overly sensitive about. (Read: Nebula is one subscription to see all the content, Floatplane is a platform where you subscribe separately to everyone you want to support).

At least as far as I know. I need an enemy in my life, and ads fill that spot so well. #consolelivingroomlife

I just watch this video from TechAltar, and at the end of it he mentioned that he and a bunch of tech youtuber had joined together a form the Nebula which they claim is their own version of private online streaming platform.

Does anyone ever heard of this? it sound a lot like what Linus and co (or more like Luke) had been doing with Floatplane and I am kind of wondering how is that plaform compare to LTT own Floatplane (and are they looking to compete with one another? seem like the project had the exact same goal in mind)

Nebula isn't just tech Youtubers, it's mostly born out of Youtube demonetising certain topics. Floatplane on the other hand was born to replace the.. whatever the previous service was called? This has been discussed many times, they're fundamentally different. For all I care Floatplane is like better Patreon, while Nebula is a place for content that Youtube is overly sensitive about. (Read: Nebula is one subscription to see all the content, Floatplane is a platform where you subscribe separately to everyone you want to support).

At least as far as I know. I need an enemy in my life, and ads fill that spot so well. #consolelivingroomlife