Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Monitor going full pitch black for 2 seconds when watching a video-help

My monitor going full pitch black when watching a video and going full screen on youtube its goes pitch black for 2 seconds and when i exit the video same thing. what's going on? it's the alienware aw3420dw

• 1 month later...

I have had pretty much the same issue for around a year now, ever since I upgraded from an RX 580 to an RTX 2070. I use a Nixeus EDG27 monitor. Any video I watch in full screen causes my screen to black out for a couple of seconds like a resolution change or switching to exclusive full screen in a game, no matter what application the video is in. This wouldn't be too horrible, but it does the same thing every time I make the video controls appear, and then again when they fade away. Sometimes games that I run in borderless mode are affected by the same issue, but they do not suffer from the interruptions during gameplay like videos do. I've tried a clean driver install using DDU, but that did not fix the issue. I'm at a bit of a loss here, pretty much entirely unsure what to do. This is the first time I have ever heard of anyone else having this issue, so it must not be common, but if anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated. For the meantime I'll just continue to avoid going full screen in videos. 

On 3/3/2020 at 11:01 PM, Asleeper135 said:

I have had pretty much the same issue for around a year now, ever since I upgraded from an RX 580 to an RTX 2070. I use a Nixeus EDG27 monitor. Any video I watch in full screen causes my screen to black out for a couple of seconds like a resolution change or switching to exclusive full screen in a game, no matter what application the video is in. This wouldn't be too horrible, but it does the same thing every time I make the video controls appear, and then again when they fade away. Sometimes games that I run in borderless mode are affected by the same issue, but they do not suffer from the interruptions during gameplay like videos do. I've tried a clean driver install using DDU, but that did not fix the issue. I'm at a bit of a loss here, pretty much entirely unsure what to do. This is the first time I have ever heard of anyone else having this issue, so it must not be common, but if anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated. For the meantime I'll just continue to avoid going full screen in videos. 

I fixed my issue actually. change my psu. the last one was probably failing to delivery 12 v stable to all the rails. and it's disturbing my gpu. from the day 1 i changed no black screens anymore.