Can one or two flying bois potentially cause damage in my pc?

sirecho9k

Lately i have these two flying insect dudes lounging and flying freely in my room. They seem to be not bothering me but they seems to be hanging around my pc, (maybe they want to play?) Tried killibg them but they are reallyyy fast. Are these guys is going to be a threat at all? should i let them be? They are pretty small flies and only two or three of them. I'm just worried that they may end up inside my psu and inside my pc and might fuck something up. They are really thin and smaller than your common house flies. I'm from ph if that helps.

Yes, they can damage your PC. If they land inside the PSU for example.

But if you have insects in your room and they just linger around, maybe there is some more stuff to worry about

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

Fruit Flies?  Clean your room.

No, they are not fruit flies. Since i never bring a food into my room. I think they are moths? Or mosquitoes? They really are small abd thin compared to a fruit flies

Whatever they are, I would be cautious. Them getting into your PSU would most likely trip something. I would see if you can identify them and get rid.

Have you tried bug spray?

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

is it me or do i want to see them get sucked by a fan inside the pc that would be funny

36 minutes ago, minibois said:

Yes, they can damage your PC. If they land inside the PSU for example.

But if you have insects in your room and they just linger around, maybe there is some more stuff to worry about

I never considered my room really filthy, Unless you count the blankets that I'm too lazy to fold. They just seem trapped in my room, They just showed up randomly

32 minutes ago, limegorilla said:

Whatever they are, I would be cautious. Them getting into your PSU would most likely trip something. I would see if you can identify them and get rid.

Have you tried bug spray?

That's my main concern. As the PSU is the very important part of pc. They are really small enough to fit in the holes of my exhaust. Do the bug zapper thingy work? I'm not really fond of spraying my room 

Just get fan filters

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

If they’re actually literally flies instead of some other small insect there’s a trick that might help.  Whenever a fly lands on something, is startled and launches they always launch in the same direction: straight backwards and up.  Therefor slapping slightly behind and above them can actually cause them to jump into the slapping item.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Chemical Warfare. Buy insect killer sprays. From my understanding, while I advise to avoid ingesting it, it's relatively safe to humans as we have a different neurological system.

How effective? Instakill with AoE

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Apparently the term "bug" in computing circles comes from a moth inside a Havard system in the 40's. It caused all sorts of malfunctions. 

Squash the little buggers. 

12 hours ago, sirecho9k said:

No, they are not fruit flies. Since i never bring a food into my room. I think they are moths? Or mosquitoes? They really are small abd thin compared to a fruit flies

Still, clean your fucking room. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

I have seen pc's full of cockroaches where it wasnt damaged....too badly.... As long as they are not jumping electrical signals on a motherboard it is not the "worst" thing that could happen to a pc. I recommend using the PC in a clean room. But Life does hit all of us and fruit flies/insects can find their way into everything. Make sure intakes and exhausts are using filters and that could slow them down a bit. Any holes they will sneak into. They might not want to go in there unless they are trying to find warm spot to reproduce. Fly trap over pc???

The problem isn't the insects, problem is you, who can't accept the fact others have said to clean your room. Now if you don't want to kill those insects, then open a window and try to have to fly out.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Ive found dead spiders & ants inside of my old PC which was not maintained for years, and that worked okay. So i dunno how to respond.  is it damaging? i don't know , most of em end up dead near fan exhaust or filter spots which may end up restricting airflow in-turn temp hike on your PC parts.  they dont contain enough moisture to cause short if they fall down on to the PCB or something. later gen motherboards are kinda durable. Fan filters on the in intake & exhaust vents on all parts seems to be a viable solution to this.

Details separate people.

On 1/15/2020 at 7:41 AM, sirecho9k said:

Lately i have these two flying insect dudes lounging and flying freely in my room. They seem to be not bothering me but they seems to be hanging around my pc, (maybe they want to play?) Tried killibg them but they are reallyyy fast. Are these guys is going to be a threat at all? should i let them be? They are pretty small flies and only two or three of them. I'm just worried that they may end up inside my psu and inside my pc and might fuck something up. They are really thin and smaller than your common house flies. I'm from ph if that helps.

Sounds like fruitflies or mosquitos.

The PC will be fine unless you squish them against your computer screen. Don't do that. You'll squish bug guts into the monitor frame, and that's as good as pressing sand into it.

Bugs are attracted to stinky things and light, so if you want to get rid of them, turn the screen off, open a window and hang a light (eg a flashlight or a battery-operated tea-light) outside the window so they head towards that, and then close the window when they leave.

Also don't spray things like RAID inside a closed room.