Ifi nano idsd le not loud enough?!?!

ManosMax13

I have the meze 99 neo 30 ohm headphones with the ifi nano idsx le. I usually listen to music at around 50 percent with everything else maxed out and when my favourite song comes out or when i want to be vibrated by the bass i turn it up to 65. I was thinking of getting the dt990 pro which are a 250ohm pair of headphones. Will they as loud, or will they be so quiet even at 100%. Also i feel like that in order to get better results with my neos i need to turn on thr volume sometimes uncomportably high, why is that?

1 hour ago, ManosMax13 said:

I have the meze 99 neo 30 ohm headphones with the ifi nano idsx le. I usually listen to music at around 50 percent with everything else maxed out and when my favourite song comes out or when i want to be vibrated by the bass i turn it up to 65. I was thinking of getting the dt990 pro which are a 250ohm pair of headphones. Will they as loud, or will they be so quiet even at 100%. Also i feel like that in order to get better results with my neos i need to turn on thr volume sometimes uncomportably high, why is that?

impedance numbers dont tell the whole story sensitivty tells the most of it.  sensitivity is essentially how loud the headphones get in db per 1 mw over your ear.  the lower the number the herder the drive.

14 hours ago, rice guru said:

impedance numbers dont tell the whole story sensitivty tells the most of it.  sensitivity is essentially how loud the headphones get in db per 1 mw over your ear.  the lower the number the herder the drive.

dt990 pro:

NOMINAL SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL
96 dB

meze 99 neo :Sensitivity: 103dB at 1KHz, 1mW

so  I wont be able to comfortably drive the dt990pro.

That is max power required to make that frequency at that volume. I wouldn't worry about it, you won't have an issue but if you do there are solutions to that.