Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shrink Start Menu

Not that I know of. The smallest I can make it is if I unpin all of the items I can move my mouse to the edge of the start menu and you get an option to shrink the start menu by clicking and draging the edge to be smaller. But it stops right where the program menu is.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What you need to do is unpin all live tiles, and then you can drag the edge of the menu to your liking

ezgif-7-ab8ff10b7690.gif

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G / Sapphire R9 290X / 16gb (2x8) Kingston ValueRam @ 2666Mhz / Gigabyte A320M-S2H / Kingston A400 120GB M.2 SSD / WD Blue 2.5" 1TB HDD / Cooler Master MWE450 / iCute Thing / LG 22MK400H-B 1920x1080 @ 75Hz / Dell P2210 1680 x 1050 @ 60Hz / Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury / E-Blue Memcanical Keyboard / Razer Kraken X

You're using light mode! Turn those lights off!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NZgamer said:

What you need to do is unpin all live tiles, and then you can drag the edge of the menu to your liking

ezgif-7-ab8ff10b7690.gif

I think you missed the point. On the provided picture you can clearly see that all tiles have already been unpinned and I am asking if I can shrink it to show only the start menu sidebar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, _kR15n said:

I think you missed the point. On the provided picture you can clearly see that all tiles have already been unpinned and I am asking if I can shrink it to show only the start menu sidebar.

Could you please be more clear? What do you mean by sidebar?

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G / Sapphire R9 290X / 16gb (2x8) Kingston ValueRam @ 2666Mhz / Gigabyte A320M-S2H / Kingston A400 120GB M.2 SSD / WD Blue 2.5" 1TB HDD / Cooler Master MWE450 / iCute Thing / LG 22MK400H-B 1920x1080 @ 75Hz / Dell P2210 1680 x 1050 @ 60Hz / Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury / E-Blue Memcanical Keyboard / Razer Kraken X

You're using light mode! Turn those lights off!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, _kR15n said:

I think you missed the point. On the provided picture you can clearly see that all tiles have already been unpinned and I am asking if I can shrink it to show only the start menu sidebar.

Like this:

1272376979_Beznaslova.thumb.png.288edcbf36ee4dced3e497573bca108e.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, _kR15n said:

Like this:

1272376979_Beznaslova.thumb.png.288edcbf36ee4dced3e497573bca108e.png

oh sorry can't help you there. Might need a 3rd party program.

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G / Sapphire R9 290X / 16gb (2x8) Kingston ValueRam @ 2666Mhz / Gigabyte A320M-S2H / Kingston A400 120GB M.2 SSD / WD Blue 2.5" 1TB HDD / Cooler Master MWE450 / iCute Thing / LG 22MK400H-B 1920x1080 @ 75Hz / Dell P2210 1680 x 1050 @ 60Hz / Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury / E-Blue Memcanical Keyboard / Razer Kraken X

You're using light mode! Turn those lights off!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, _kR15n said:

I mean….

Not really, but if it could be removed would it not look cleaner and nicer?

How often do you really click the start menu? And even when you do it’s like for half a second.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

How often do you really click the start menu? And even when you do it’s like for half a second.

It is true that I only use it to shut down my computer (I even sometimes use Alt+F4 because I cannot be bothered to click twice with my mouse) and to search for files and folders which I do not remember the location of but it still haunts my mind that there is a blank area of my start menu which cannot be removed :).

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, _kR15n said:

It is true that I only use it to shut down my computer (I even sometimes use Alt+F4 because I cannot be bothered to click twice with my mouse) and to search for files and folders which I do not remember the location of but it still haunts my mind that there is a blank area of my start menu which cannot be removed :).

why not just put the pins back there?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, _kR15n said:

Dont have anything useful to pin.

Just stick random crap it’ll look less ugly than plain grey bar

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, _kR15n said:

This post is about trying to get rid of the random crap and the plain grey bar ?

Yea but u can’t remove plain grey bar so best settle for something

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

Yea but u can’t remove plain grey bar so best settle for something

I have used your advice as I found out that there is probably nothing I can do about the grey area so I just moved all icons from the taskbar to the start menu and it looks like this:

image.thumb.png.ed5498b603f6a72479a6c5694aaa49ec.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×