favorite game of the decade

1 hour ago, steelo said:

Witcher 3

Diablo 3

Star Trek bridge crew for VR just because it was my dream to have a game like this when I was a kid who watched STNG every Saturday?

I love startrek!

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte x470 Ultra Gaming

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

2x8 Corsair LPX Vengeance 2933

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

Also particularly enjoyed overwatch and assassins creed odyssey. And why is nobody talking about undertale?

PC: 

i5 8400 - RTX 2060 - Strix B360-I - Thermaltake 240mm AIO - 16GB Vengeance RGB PRO - CRYSTAL 280X - HD Plex 400w AC/DC Converter

CUSTOM KEYBOARD:

Gmmk Pro  - Gateron ink Black v2 lubed and filmed - GMK Red Samurai - PC plate - Zeal stabs

DAILY TECH:

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Smartwatch - Galaxy A70 - Bose QC Earbuds - Bose SoundLink Wireless - Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 

7 minutes ago, rx590overclocker said:

I love startrek!

If you have VR, you need to try this game! It doesn't have the most astonishing graphics when it comes to VR games, but it is amazing immersive.. You FEEL like your on the bridge of the Enterprise at your station. It's really awesome ? 

15 minutes ago, steelo said:

If you have VR, you need to try this game! It doesn't have the most astonishing graphics when it comes to VR games, but it is amazing immersive.. You FEEL like your on the bridge of the Enterprise at your station. It's really awesome ? 

does it work without VR, I don't have VR

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

4 minutes ago, rx590overclocker said:

does it work without VR, I don't have VR

Yes, there is a non-VR version of star trek bridge crew too ?

2 minutes ago, steelo said:

Yes, there is a non-VR version of star trek bridge crew too ?

what are the system requirements?  

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

2 hours ago, rx590overclocker said:

it was on steam for 99 US cents a month or two ago.

Worth it! ?

Just now, Founders said:

Worth it! ?

absolutely. there was also a portal 1&2 bundle for a $1.50 USD

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

13 minutes ago, rx590overclocker said:

what are the system requirements?  

I don't think they're much...8 GB RAM, 4th gen i5, R9 290 minimum...I played the VR version with a RX 570 and R5 2400g no problem.

3 minutes ago, steelo said:

I don't think they're much...8 GB RAM, 4th gen i5, R9 290 minimum...I played the VR version with a RX 570 and R5 2400g no problem.

oh, cool, I should be able to run it then.

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

I'd have to go with Diablo 3, just because of the amount of hours I invested in this game.

Other worthy mentions are Witcher 3, Battlefield 4 and Saints Row The Third.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Nvidia RTX 3090 FE - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Samsung 980 Pro 250GB NVMe m.2 PCIE 4.0 - 970 Evo 1TB NVMe m.2 - T5 500GB External SSD - Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi 6) - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm - 3 x 120mm Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition - 3 x 120mm Corsair ML120 - Corsair RM850X - Corsair Carbide 275R - Asus ROG PG279Q IPS 1440p 165hz G-Sync - Logitech G513 Linear - Logitech G502 Lightsync Wireless - Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless

2 minutes ago, rx590overclocker said:

absolutely. there was also a portal 1&2 bundle for a $1.50 USD

I’ve got them, I’m pretty sure I get them in a pack with other games on Steam. But I can’t remember when, the pack, or the price. I definitely paid more than a $1.50 though. Still worth it for the potato alone.

7 minutes ago, rx590overclocker said:

oh, cool, I should be able to run it then.

The ST online community is shrinking so we can always use more players. What is cool about STBC is you can play with VR and non VR players.

OMG, don't forget about StarCraft!

Image result for starcraft

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

10 minutes ago, rx590overclocker said:

OMG, don't forget about StarCraft!

Image result for starcraft

Totally forgot about that one...I wish they would release a revamped command and conquer generals or red alert that is like the original.

What about Warhammer?

Destiny 2. Love hate relationship with it, but I've had a lot of good times in that game, made a lot of friends too. Still love the shooting mechanics, and the sound design and art direction continues to be impeccable. Quite like the lore and most characters as well. 

Also gotta mention the game that got me into PC gaming, Battlefront II 2005. Except it was in 2016, and I wanted a PC so I could run it with mods (which isn't possible on the PS2 I was playing it on). Had a fuck ton of fun mucking around with various mods. Then moved on to Battlefront 2015, even though its playerbase was mostly gone. Online was still bearable, no, actually quite fun a lot of the time (I can't describe why, but the real OG god-level players were really enjoyable to play with or against, even if they curbstomped you, it was only the few dicks left and a hacker every now and then that brought it down). Also loved the mods, even made a couple myself. Then moved to Battlefront II 2017 and messed around with mods, made a few myself, had a good bit of fun. I drifted out of it though, as promised updates got delayed further and further, we were still stuck with the same 4 guns since launch (per class, but I only liked the assault/heavy, so at best 8 guns), and officers ruined PvP (and didn't get nerfed/reworked for over a year, by which time I was long gone). Game has little to offer on the PvE side, so unlike Destiny 2 (which also has a fucked up PvP scene most of the time), I just dropped the game entirely. Haven't been able to get back into it, but then I'm not as much of a Star Wars fanatic as I used to be. Still love the movies, but I like a lot of other stuff too. 

Breath Of The Wild is another amazing game, and the reason I bought my Switch. I have the other main 1st party titles (Mario Kart, Smash, Pokemon, Odyssey, etc), none are as enjoyable or just easy to slip into on a lazy weekend morning every now and then.

I enjoyed my playthroughs of Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but haven't done much else in them other than run through the stories, every now and then I hop back in to muck around for collectibles. 

Had a good time with Arma 3 as well. Massive modding potential, good (but sometimes quite annoying with some systems) gameplay, a fun set of story missions to play. Even got into a milsim unit or two and tagged along for a few events. It's surprising how much fun you can have in a video game running WWII gear on an island map at 20fps with no idea what you're doing or how to navigate. 

Spent a good few hours in Forza Horizon 3 and 4, never really hardcore though. Mostly just like the more open world and freedom to muck around with whatever cars I want and do stupid stuff with them. Usually a more chill experience, though it does get dry eventually. 

Also had a nice playthrough of KOTOR, but never quite finished it. Never able to defeat the end boss, clunky mechanics and combat system + me not having the right combo of consumables and stats made that fight just not fun at all. Still haven't done much in KOTOR II, did muck around in SWTOR for a while though. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

On 1/15/2020 at 9:36 PM, Bombastinator said:

*goes off to find out what sleeping dogs is*

If you like GTA-style gameplay set in Hong Kong with the Chinese Triads then you'll love it!  I do so I did!

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I wasn't sure about this... so I just double checked... and it came out Sept 2010... So it qualifies.

Civilisation V.... hands down the best game and one I'm still playing 10yrs later.

A close second would be The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, which I'm still playing 5yrs later... and then there's games like Cities Skylines that I keep coming back to from time to time.

I've probably purchased 150-175 games for the PC over the last 10yrs... and a few more on the old Wii... But those 3 stand out the most for longevity, scale and damn fine gameplay/story/graphics.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

Minecraft

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Tribes: Ascend
Call of duty: Black Ops 3/AW/IW (They're all quite similar really)
Blacklight Retribution

I play different games now because all of the above are dead (genres etc, a lot of more "chill" games rather than high octane FPS).
Those games will hold a special place in my heart bc of how into FPS games I was the last decade tho, and bc Tribes/BLR got me into FPS games.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

all the civilization games

RPG MO(it's an indie rpg game with pixel graphics)

cities skylines

minceraft

legit any legend of zelda game ever

it's a me-a mario-a

the forum is my favourite game

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh