how 2 stop procrastinating while doing studying for finals

redbread123

Go to a library, leave your distractions at home (including your phone). 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

why do you think i'm here?  we're already procrastinating!

Details separate people.

I'll answer this tomorrow.

/s

Unfortunately I have a habit of procrastination, so I can't really answer you properly.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 hours ago, duncannah said:

Think of the things that would happen if you failed the finals

either way im gonna blast my brains out lol

2 hours ago, redbread123 said:

either way im gonna blast my brains out lol

imagine how your enjoyment of things will be when you fail everything

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

1 minute ago, Azade12 said:

imagine how your enjoyment of things will be when you fail everything

wdym

Surround yourself with A students and overachievers. I promise you will soon act and behave like them. 

Fun fact, kids from bad neighborhood and stay in bad neighborhood tend to land in prisons. Kids from bad neighborhood but then move into affluent neighborhood and go to its schools tend finish school, stay out of prison, and go on to have successful careers. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

3 hours ago, Erik Sieghart said:

I used to be the same way but after working a few hard jobs I eventually got comfortable to the whole doing things I don't like to do thing.

same, after doing a type of job that relate to hardness, i got comfortable doing things i don't like to do

6 minutes ago, redbread123 said:

same, after doing a type of job that relate to hardness, i got comfortable doing things i don't like to do

Except studying apparently xD

I blocked bad websites in my host file and write-protected it. 

On computer there is a program called Cold Turkey, that block things and you can not just turn it off while a block is on. On phones I don't know

It's helped me little bit but not enough tho.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

On 1/14/2020 at 6:09 AM, redbread123 said:

i keep getting distracted by this forum, the internet, reading random news, or youtube what i do

welcome to my world

try studying somewhere else, sometimes a change of environment helps

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Many years ago us old farts studied with these things called books. They don't require electricity and aren't connected to the internet. If you leave your phone and computer in a room and go into another one with these ancient relics you won't be distracted.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

2 hours ago, Badger906 said:

Many years ago us old farts studied with these things called books. They don't require electricity and aren't connected to the internet. If you leave your phone and computer in a room and go into another one with these ancient relics you won't be distracted.

Cool. Where can I find these things called "books"? Do I have to visit museum of natural history? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 hours ago, Badger906 said:

ok boomer, ever heard of checking your phones, and I can't research for my assignments or make a presentation using a book.

Switcheroo

Hey in 2020 we milennials, gen z are actually alive? have you tried be alive. I think being alive is better than being fossilized

7 minutes ago, wasab said:

Cool. Where can I find these things called "books"? Do I have to visit museum of natural history? 

you'l find it in the museum of the beginning of the universe

1 hour ago, redbread123 said:

ok boomer, ever heard of checking your phones, and I can't research for my assignments or make a presentation using a book.

Switcheroo

Hey in 2020 we milennials, gen z are actually alive? have you tried be alive. I think being alive is better than being fossilized

You can't research assignments using a book? Umm.. So the only information is online these days.. Its funny how Young people take the piss out of anyone older than them.. But its your generation thats financially unstable, has an average debt of 15k, has higher rate of suicide and a higher link towards depression.. Something tells me the modern way might just be a bit wrong..

Im Alice.. I have a job, savings, a career.. Yeah.. Books really were a bad thing..

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

I would try to close those tabs and not think about it while studying/doing work. If you really really want to open a tab and have been working/studying for a while, take a 10-15min break and go back to studying. I also suffer from procrastination but I try my best to work on it and take a break if i think I need one

you need to just do it. i find it hard to start also but once i start it becomes much easier

5 hours ago, comander said:

1. Remove or add friction to distractions. Change your hosts file, block stuff, etc.
2. Be in a peer group where people have their stuff together. 
3. Be well rested, eat well and do at least a little exercise (think 5 minutes of pushups a day)
4. Write a plan listing what resources you have (time, materials, peers, etc.) and how you'd use them well. 

5. Compare/contrast what ultimate success looks like and what ultimate failure looks like. 

Better yet, ask your parents for help. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

If you want to block some of your digital distractions, I can recommend Cold Turkey, it is a very good website blocker, and also doubles up as an application blocker meaning that you can block things like Steam from opening. The best thing is, you can set a time and until that time is up it can not be disabled - meaning you are stuck doing your work.

If you find it too intense that you can't disable your block after putting it on, you can just turn off the locking feature.

As for things you can do away from the computer, find some students that you can study with, be well rested, eat well, and exercise, plan out your day so that you can spend it more efficiently - and most importantly, have fun. You should push yourself, just don't push yourself too hard. Remember, you're still a human, and you need to tend to your social needs and you need to enjoy yourself, otherwise life will get harder and harder by the day.

Good luck with your studies ?

I always just remind myself that if i do it asap i dont have to do it later and stop worrying about it. As for distractions: i just turn off my screens. put on some music and then sit as far away from them as possible