Help- Proprietary Masterbox Q300P fan attachment pieces

waterjug

So i recently bought some new RGB fans i was going to install on my Q300p case, but apparently just to install it, you can't use normal screws, you have to use the custom attachment pins to pin the fans in place. I looked all over, and I can't find where I put them after I assembled it initially. I googled a bit and I can't find anywhere where you can just buy the pieces themselves, as they are very proprietary, so if anyone know where I can get them or has any that'd be great, thanks.

linus sex tips

39 minutes ago, waterjug said:

So i recently bought some new RGB fans i was going to install on my Q300p case, but apparently just to install it, you can't use normal screws, you have to use the custom attachment pins to pin the fans in place. I looked all over, and I can't find where I put them after I assembled it initially. I googled a bit and I can't find anywhere where you can just buy the pieces themselves, as they are very proprietary, so if anyone know where I can get them or has any that'd be great, thanks.

*hates the whole proprietary nature of RGB*

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

13 hours ago, waterjug said:

What fans are these that require their proprietary clips? Or are you referring to the Q300P needing specific fasteners? (I was able to use completely normal screws for the Q300L in my friends RGB Build 2019 in my signature.)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

What fans are these that require their proprietary clips? Or are you referring to the Q300P needing specific fasteners? (I was able to use completely normal screws for the Q300L in my friends RGB Build 2019 in my signature.)

The case itself needs the proprietary clips, not the fans I don't know how else you're supposed to secure it to the small holes. 

16 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

*hates the whole proprietary nature of RGB*

isn't the 4-pin RGB connector pretty universal?

linus sex tips

42 minutes ago, waterjug said:

The case itself needs the proprietary clips, not the fans I don't know how else you're supposed to secure it to the small holes. 

I was able to use the Masterfan screws that came with the fans ?‍♂️

20190907_155420.thumb.jpg.b527b24d0016d0233c3f1402761bac28.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

52 minutes ago, waterjug said:

isn't the 4-pin RGB connector pretty universal?

Heh. It should be.  There actually IS a standard for rgb lighting developed for house lighting, which actually uses the same parts.  The computer industry is frantically avoiding using it though and is swapping the four connectors back and forth in different orders trying to force users into their excuse for a brand environment.    One company added a fifth wire for white, but no one really cared.  Others are attempting to make things even worse and integrating fan and lighting wires into one connector which is going even more poorly.  I’m suspecting the whole shebang is going to be shot right in the face when some company starts to produce adaptors that unscrew the various weak attempts at proprietary action back into the standard.  It all feels like the cat genie/cat genius thing.

My personal reaction is to avoid RGB entirely until at the very least the companies stop acting like greedy children fighting over a sweet that has already been stomped into the dirt by their brawling and wasn’t that good a sweet to begin with.

Edited by Bombastinator
Final paragraph added

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

10 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I was able to use the Masterfan screws that came with the fans ?‍♂️

20190907_155420.thumb.jpg.b527b24d0016d0233c3f1402761bac28.jpg

Ah, ok, thank you, I didn't know if normal screws would work or not because on the case manual that's what it says to do to install fans with. Thanks for the help.

linus sex tips