my list of parts

iamlegs

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($114.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.98 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($66.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB GAMING X Video Card  ($259.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($44.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.89 @ Amazon) 
Total: $756.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-12 13:29 EST-0500

That Mobo is meh, the MSI is better

I got you some faster Ram for the same price

The SSD is trash for todays standards. This one has double the capacity and is MUCH FASTER! Idd recommend stepping it up to 1TB (the A80 is around 100 bucks for 1TB, get the HDD later)

WD>Toshiba in terms of HDDs

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Just now, PacketMan said:

I'd say... Get a 1660 Ti for $20 more, drop those SSD and HDD and get a 500GB/1TB SSD (Crucial MX or Samsung 860 Evo for 2.5", Crucial P1 or Intel 660p for m.2), you can get an HDD later

That motherboard is pretty bad, you should take a look at the Gigabyte Aorus B450 M or the MSI B450 Tomahawk/Bazooka

Silicon power SSDS are awesome. Faster than 660p. And today nobody should get a sata SSD when a M2 is an option!

Mobo: agreed, but the MSI Pro is basically the Tomahawk but a bit cheaper (and minus the cool name I know ;/)

Just now, PacketMan said:

Never heard of Silicon Power, those look damn fast for the price (I was looking European prices, where the m.2 NVMe are still a bit expensive compared to SATA SSD)

I am in the Eu to. Yes they are a bit more expensive but well wort it. The A80 uses a pretty fast Phsion controller that is more capable than the one intel uses on the 660p. And yeah for the same price 

4 minutes ago, iamlegs said:

what size is uatx?

μ = micro, so Micro-ATX.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

it's mATX, smaller that ATX .. any ATX case will support mATX boards.

I agree with some of the above that you shouldn't go with a cheap 240 GB SSD.  If it's cheaper, go for a 960 GB - 1 TB SSD, even if it's SATA only.

You don't need more than 560 MB/s (that SATA can do) for operating system , because most files read are very small and you only hit those hundreds of MB per second with big files.

You don't need 3600 Mhz memory, it is fast but if it's significantly cheaper, look into 3200 Mhz or even 3000 Mhz. The performance increases between them are small enough that it may even make more sense to take the 10-20$ extra and put them in the cpu budget to get a 2700x and at the end of the day you'd have even more performance this way.

For motherboards, I recommend looking at this list and picking boards that have at least 2 green checkmarks in the middle columns: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Two checkmarks  means the dc-dc converter that powers the processor is powerful enough and cooled well enough to handle even overclocked 8-12 core processors.

My motherboard recommendations would be these:

ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX

MSI B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (B450M GAMING PLUS) - PCPartPicker

Also, see if you can source AMD 1600 AF  (not the original one which has AE in the code) :

Amazon.com: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 65W AM4 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler (YD1600BBAFBOX): Computers & Accessories

It's basically a rebranded Ryzen 2600 with some small changes in the cpu die, making it a tiny bit slower than 2600 (but much faster than original 1600 processors).

The price should be 85$ (2nd seller on the page above), Amazon UK (in the link above, first result in the sellers) has it for 110$

24 minutes ago, mariushm said:

it's mATX, smaller that ATX .. any ATX case will support mATX boards.

I agree with some of the above that you shouldn't go with a cheap 240 GB SSD.  If it's cheaper, go for a 960 GB - 1 TB SSD, even if it's SATA only.

You don't need more than 560 MB/s (that SATA can do) for operating system , because most files read are very small and you only hit those hundreds of MB per second with big files.

You don't need 3600 Mhz memory, it is fast but if it's significantly cheaper, look into 3200 Mhz or even 3000 Mhz. The performance increases between them are small enough that it may even make more sense to take the 10-20$ extra and put them in the cpu budget to get a 2700x and at the end of the day you'd have even more performance this way.

For motherboards, I recommend looking at this list and picking boards that have at least 2 green checkmarks in the middle columns: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Two checkmarks  means the dc-dc converter that powers the processor is powerful enough and cooled well enough to handle even overclocked 8-12 core processors.

My motherboard recommendations would be these:

ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX

MSI B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (B450M GAMING PLUS) - PCPartPicker

Also, see if you can source AMD 1600 AF  (not the original one which has AE in the code) :

Amazon.com: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 65W AM4 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler (YD1600BBAFBOX): Computers & Accessories

It's basically a rebranded Ryzen 2600 with some small changes in the cpu die, making it a tiny bit slower than 2600 (but much faster than original 1600 processors).

The price should be 85$ (2nd seller on the page above), Amazon UK (in the link above, first result in the sellers) has it for 110$

I back that but 3200Mhz it shall be. Price difference is not really existent 

Keep in mind that you can buy a 1600, which is now being made on the 12nm process, and it will be nearly identical to a 2600. (Gamersnexus has a good video on this. make sure the SKU number ends in "AF")

Using that cheaper CPU, I can squeeze in a MUCH better GPU for a similar price.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

44 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Keep in mind that you can buy a 1600, which is now being made on the 12nm process, and it will be nearly identical to a 2600. (Gamersnexus has a good video on this. make sure the SKU number ends in "AF")

Using that cheaper CPU, I can squeeze in a MUCH better GPU for a similar price.

Greed but not on the P1. The A80 is faster at the same price. also this XFX card is ok. but a 5700 is nice

11 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Greed but not on the P1. The A80 is faster at the same price. also this XFX card is ok. but a 5700 is nice

Yeah. Not the best cooler/board for the 5700, but it was $20 cheaper than the rest of them, and I figured that an "ok-but-not-great" 5700 is still much better than a 1660

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Yeah. Not the best cooler/board for the 5700, but it was $20 cheaper than the rest of them, and I figured that an "ok-but-not-great" 5700 is still much better than a 1660

yeah thats right. However when going 5700 embrace the $$ :P 

Decent one will turbo higher and (more importantly) be nice and silent