Need Help Finding Location of CMOS Battery

Hello all, I just replaced a broken MSI board for an ASUS Strix B450-i motherboard, and get absolutely no post. My peripherals don't even light up. I've had this problem many times with different machines so I know that the best solution is to remove the CMOS battery. The problem is that I can't find any CMOS battery anywhere. I've never worked with a Mini ITX board before, so maybe there is a smaller battery type than the standard CMOS battery? The manual clearly states to remove the onboard battery if shorting the two pins does not work, so I'm assuming that there has to be some kind of battery. I posted pictures of the front and rear of the board. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Asus Board.jpg

Asus Board Rear.jpg

1 minute ago, BHuff04 said:

MSI board for an ASUS Strix B450-i

What’s your cpu? Maybe you have to update bios before you can use it?? And that is the location of cmos battery ?

37F0B050-3734-4E41-B2BF-FB05D84F65E0.jpeg

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

1 hour ago, Whiro said:

What’s your cpu? Maybe you have to update bios before you can use it?? And that is the location of cmos battery ?

37F0B050-3734-4E41-B2BF-FB05D84F65E0.jpeg

Thanks for pointing that out! Unfortunately, I tried two different CMOS batteries and still nothing. Is there a way you can update the bios before actually using it? Outdated drivers could definitely be the issue, but I can't even access the BIOS to even select an option of updating it.

34 minutes ago, BHuff04 said:

Thanks for pointing that out! Unfortunately, I tried two different CMOS batteries and still nothing. Is there a way you can update the bios before actually using it? Outdated drivers could definitely be the issue, but I can't even access the BIOS to even select an option of updating it.

Let’s start with you telling me what’s your cpu. It may be bios but can’t be sure without knowing all details

i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

From what I read.... Test the psu or try a different psu....

On 1/12/2020 at 1:15 PM, Whiro said:

Let’s start with you telling me what’s your cpu. It may be bios but can’t be sure without knowing all details

Sorry for the late reply, I've been super busy. My CPU is a Ryzen 3600, so I don't think there should be any compatibility issues.

18 minutes ago, BHuff04 said:

Sorry for the late reply, I've been super busy. My CPU is a Ryzen 3600, so I don't think there should be any compatibility issues.

Imo it’s either problem with psu or more likely your bios is not up to date. Remember that Ryzen 3rd gen came out after many of this b450 boards, that’s why they need bios update 

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

10 hours ago, Whiro said:

Imo it’s either problem with psu or more likely your bios is not up to date. Remember that Ryzen 3rd gen came out after many of this b450 boards, that’s why they need bios update 

I just Re-Plugged everything in with a different PSU and still nothing. Is there a way I can update the BIOS even when it's not posting?

• 9 months later...
On 1/17/2020 at 1:47 AM, BHuff04 said:

I just Re-Plugged everything in with a different PSU and still nothing. Is there a way I can update the BIOS even when it's not posting?

I’m having the same issue. Not sure how to update the BIOS without posting. Hopefully someone can reply. 

• 8 months later...

I have the same motherboard but with lga 1151 socket with 7th gen Pentium g450

I have the same problem now..tried removing and installing ram again.. cleaning the cpu and new thermal paste..also..tried with another new ram and SMPS from my current rig...where do I find the cmos?..I'm thinking about taking it to a service center but it's out of warranty so..any help would be very awesome