Upgrading HP Z400 Workstation

Biomecanoid

Any ideas on how to improve the setup? I have done all the usual tricks:

SSD, Raid, Overclock, Full 32gb ram, i guess i only need a better GPU but i can not find any good deals now

Triple monitor setup with the HP Z400

3x HPL2245wg with custom refresh rate of 67hz, well now i can say i overclocked my monitors too :P lool

* Still work in progress

107372956_1144873229246196_8903045827238998700_n.jpg

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Biomecanoid said:

Any ideas how to make my build even better ?

a wheel

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

5 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

a wheel

Yes i looked into that and the good ones are too expensive but i was mostly referring to computer hardware. How to make the computer better.

If you have a nice wheel to suggest i am all ears ;)

21 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Yes i looked into that and the good ones are too expensive but i was mostly referring to computer hardware. How to make the computer better.

If you have a nice wheel to suggest i am all ears ;)

ya i have no idea ether i just thought racing sim but no wheel? one day ill buy a wheel too to play good old mobil one rally championship were your luky to make it 6 stages and can only use 2 cars or you wont make it....bumben tunes thow. 20+ mints a course. side note i broke a joystick the sidewinder force feed back that my dad payed $100 for and well i have to buy a new one. thow i been way out of the loop for rally games so hope there some good ones out there. maybe ill try learn some driving with it by dad would LOVE if i got my license. he put $20000 towards a car.

side note i have a few hpz 400 trying to sell would be nice that hey you can build a racing sim with it. that be good marketing.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

4 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya i have no idea ether i just thought racing sim but no wheel? one day ill buy a wheel too to play good old mobil one rally championship were your luky to make it 6 stages and can only use 2 cars or you wont make it....bumben tunes thow. 20+ mints a course. side note i broke a joystick the sidewinder force feed back that my dad payed $100 for and well i have to buy a new one. thow i been way out of the loop for rally games so hope there some good ones out there. maybe ill try learn some driving with it by dad would LOVE if i got my license. he put $20000 towards a car.

Get Assetto Corsa and RF2. I like old games too but mobil one rally championship does not look that good.

If you are getting your license and a car in the following years get something OLD that is still in good condition and rather cheap.  Older cars are easier to repair and diagnose and don't relay too much on computers to run the car.

Also learn to drive properly with a manual transmission. Manual transmissions outlast automatics and are cheaper to repair if something goes wrong. in my experience Japanese cars age very well and used Japanese car will get you a long way.

7 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Get Assetto Corsa and RF2. I like old games too but mobil one rally championship does not look that good.

If you are getting your license and a car in the following years get something OLD that is still in good condition and rather cheap.  Older cars are easier to repair and diagnose and don't relay too much on computers to run the car.

Also learn to drive properly with a manual transmission. Manual transmissions outlast automatics and are cheaper to repair if something goes wrong. in my experience Japanese cars age very well and used Japanese car will get you a long way.

at the time mobil one rally championship was awesome looking kinda like halflife. i heard there buggy with it thow so sounds like downloading it and craking/ patching it is best then buying the cd. love old game but they are a Paine to get to work! but that also bring me to new games were they work then don't....wtf like city skylines...omg WTF happened! i see now why to keep your old pc instead of selling because there just might be games that work on it that don't on your new pc! i heard good old games is better for older games then steam.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 10:09 AM, thrasher_565 said:

at the time mobil one rally championship was awesome looking kinda like halflife. i heard there buggy with it thow so sounds like downloading it and craking/ patching it is best then buying the cd. love old game but they are a Paine to get to work! but that also bring me to new games were they work then don't....wtf like city skylines...omg WTF happened! i see now why to keep your old pc instead of selling because there just might be games that work on it that don't on your new pc! i heard good old games is better for older games then steam.

Well there are a tons of awesome old games, new doesn't always mean good and that goes for a lot of things like for example cars.

There are old cars that last 30 years and new cars that after 5 years they need so much expensive repairs that you have to get rid of them.

9 hours ago, Biomecanoid said:

Well there are a tons of awesome old games, new doesn't always mean good and that goes for a lot of things like for example cars.

There are old cars that last 30 years and new cars that after 5 years they need so much expensive repairs that you have to get rid of them.

ya i no what you mean i just tuend off of aaa titles these days. i love diablo 2 and i woryed about diablo 4 i think they killed it. but not all is lost there projects that make d2 fun like path of diablo and there a remake (not from blizzard) being made to balance the game. good news thow is Indy games are killing it. could be a reason why i just watch you tube videos of game play then rather then buy and play.

i have my dads amp on my desk from like 40 years ago still works. wish i had a house to get the speakers there so crisp sounding.

DSCF1415.JPG

DSCF1416.JPG