Is CS:GO worth playing in 2020?

Was interested in the game when it came out but never really got the chance to try it out. Now that its free as well i feel like giving it a shot, however I have seen a number of posts online stating there's hackers and the devs are doing nothing to stop it. What do u think about the game?

1 hour ago, Shammikit said:

Was interested in the game when it came out but never really got the chance to try it out. Now that its free as well i feel like giving it a shot, however I have seen a number of posts online stating there's hackers and the devs are doing nothing to stop it. What do u think about the game?

You HAVE to try it out, it is not even the same CS that you might remember.

1 hour ago, Shammikit said:

however I have seen a number of posts online stating there's hackers and the devs are doing nothing to stop it.

The existence of hackers doesn't ruin the experience of playing the game when there aren't any in your match, just try it out.

The most compelling reason to play is that it's free now, there's really no reason not to play

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 hours ago, Flying Sausages said:

Csgo is cancer. Free to play invites more cheaters. I quit csgo after Valve put csgo to free to play. 

Exactly why i went back to 1.6 lol

There is a significant number of cheaters in CS GO both in casual and matchmaking. If you want to play competitively, play on FaceIt or ESEA.

i would say that CS:Go has never been worth playing.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

CSGO, you need a very thick skin, ability to intensely concentrate and also be a team player who is clear and concise with information over a microphone, have at least a decent ability to remember game elements which are vital for better play such as grenade spots, map knowledge and using intuition (game sense)

It is also a heavily biased game which does not rely on individual effort so if you have a bad team, chances are you will not win, however there are cases where one may be able to carry the game, some luck, a lot of skill, some bullshit.

Ryzen 3600 4.33ghz . CM Hyper 212 Turbo. MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max. Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 @ 3200 CL 15 (OC). Powercolor RX 5700XT Red Dragon. FD Meshify S2. Crucial P1 M.2 1TB. Corsair Vengeance 650W 80+ Silver.

Core 2 Duo 3.4ghz . WenjuFeng cooler . ASUS P5G41C-M LX . Crucial 1066mhz 3GB DDR2 . Gainward Golden Sample HD 4850 . Coolermaster Elite 430 . Seagate 160GB IDE 7200RPM . BeQuiet System Power 9 400w 80+ Bronze

It's definitely a good choice to check it out, especially since it's free. Be warned though, in non-Prime matchmaking, there are a large amount of cheaters/smurfs, especially at low ranks (sub-Gold Nova) because once banned, they can make new accounts and continue on. In Prime MM (status either bought or awarded at rank 21), there are much fewer cheaters, maybe at most one per 10-20 games. 

If you want to have a good time, look into buying Prime, and finding a group/other players to queue with. While solo-queuing, you can often be placed along with sub-par teammates. 

I never liked how the game played. I have a friend who was VERY good at it and (iirc) was basically Global Elite for as long as he played it (it's entire life span iirc). Recently he messaged me saying it's awful and no longer worth playing.

I mean, it's free. Might as well give it a go if you haven't tried it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

• 10 months later...

Absolutely. CSGO is a really good game and very active (866k players currently playing).

The only problem it has is that it can be very hard to start out due to all the smurfs and cheaters. However, you can avoid 99% of those by getting a prime status update (you can grind it out for free as well, but I don't think it's worth the bother) or just playing with a group of friends. 

Also, Valorant is basically CSGO, but with cartoony graphics, lower system requirements, and some more modern design choices, so you can try that out as well since it's F2P as well. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

If you are considering anything like CS:GO there is nothing wrong with giving it a shot but the game really isn't taken care of like it use to. I have found more fun playing Valorant than I ever did playing csgo

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁