bandwidth of a cpu?

title, you hear about ram bandwidth or pcie bandwidth but how much bandwidth does a cpu have

Well this is the cache bandwidth of these CPU (results averaged from 5 runs, clean installs of Windows XP, 7 or 10):
Capture_Cache.thumb.PNG.55f85feac4d3547841b1e04302b2bdc3.PNG

As you can tell it varies widely (shame I never got to test my P920, N970 and LGA775 CPU collection), and depends entirely on the CPU.

Edit: Yes I was going to do something similar to the Cinebench thread...but seeing how much was required I ended up doing a hard nope.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Bandwidth to what? The cpu connects to a ton of things so I don't know what you're specifically referring to

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

31 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Well this is the cache bandwidth of these CPU (results averaged from 5 runs, clean installs of Windows XP, 7 or 10):
Capture_Cache.thumb.PNG.55f85feac4d3547841b1e04302b2bdc3.PNG

As you can tell it varies widely (shame I never got to test my P920, N970 and LGA775 CPU collection), and depends entirely on the CPU.

Edit: Yes I was going to do something similar to the Cinebench thread...but seeing how much was required I ended up doing a hard nope.

Just start AIDA64 Cache and Memory benchmark thread. Shows Cpu cache bandwidth and memory read write and latency. Every forum should have one!

2700X memory latency.png