Is the new nvidia fps cap better than the rts fps cap?

220VoltsallCore

You can find the answer to that question by actually googling your own title. Because I have and it took me less than writing this post.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

You can find the answer to that question by actually googling your own title. Because I have and it took me less than writing this post.

This guy keeps posting questions about when GTA6 is coming out and how much the RTX/GTX 3000 - series GPUs will cost and similar things, so...let's just say that googling for stuff before making one-sentence posts here may be asking for too much.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Whichever FPS cap you use that gets the work done is good, if you want everything to be handled by the driver you go for NVIDIA

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

3 minutes ago, Tony Tony Chopper said:

Dunno about you but google has given me very outdated answers lately to my questions or it just decides to change context whatever giving me answers to complete opposite questions, absolutely hate Google a lot lately, as if they turned into new Bing but worse.

I could not find the answer when copy pasting thread tittle into google, so i don't know what kind of vision of Google you are using but its bloody useless these days.

Maybe I should have said, google + common sense. Rivatuner has been using the same FPS cap method since they introduced it (you might be wondering how I know that, because I actually read changelogs of software I update or install). I dont have an Nvidia card to actually comment on how their vsync works so I just googled OP's title, first result was from 2017 which is not outdated imo. I suggest you to use keywords because there is nothing wrong google.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

No, for me it actually worst because it much faster for me to set a profile in RTSS than NVCP. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

Maybe I should have said, google + common sense. Rivatuner has been using the same FPS cap method since they introduced it (you might be wondering how I know that, because I actually read changelogs of software I update or install). I dont have an Nvidia card to actually comment on how their vsync works so I just googled OP's title, first result was from 2017 which is not outdated imo. I suggest you to use keywords because there is nothing wrong google.

I think he means the new new max framerate option that came with the latest Nvidia driver. 3 days ago.

29 minutes ago, Dinesh1 said:

On reddit there are few people who say it is worse, some say it's better or can't see the difference. Best option is to wait for some real tests tho.

Just now, Mholes said:

I think he means the new new max framerate option that came with the latest Nvidia driver. 3 days ago.

On reddit there are few people who say it is worse, some say it's better or can't see the difference. Best option is to wait for some real tests tho.

Best to try for yourself and see if you notice a difference. 

I haven't installed the new driver yet but I'll check it out soon. The old NVI method was quite bad, it felt like playing with VSync enabled regarding the input lag. Simply unplayable for me. 

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

Best to try for yourself and see if you notice a difference. 

I haven't installed the new driver yet but I'll check it out soon. The old NVI method was quite bad, it felt like playing with VSync enabled regarding the input lag. Simply unplayable for me. 

Yea, i heard the old one was terrible.

1 hour ago, Mholes said:

Ok.yes I meant the 3 days ago driver.new max fps option

On 1/9/2020 at 4:21 PM, Dinesh1 said:

Ok.yes I meant the 3 days ago driver.new max fps option

From personal use and from Battle(non)sense video -> No difference.