Ryzen 5 3500 Build.

TJ10

Heyo, 

Im a moderate gamer and I will be using my PC for daily use cases, For studies, Media and browsing. I will not be OCing for now, Maybe after 2-3 years.

My budget is ₹60,000 including peripherals.

I've put up a list for myself, But I'm a first time builder and so I'd like the opinion of you all. 

• Ryzen 5 3500
  • ASRock B450M Pro4-F
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 3000 8x1, Will be adding another 8Gig later
  • Gigabyte Radeon RX570 Gaming 4G
  • Crucial MX500
  • Corsair CX550W
  • Corsair Carbide Spec 05
  • Keyboard Mouse combo for 3K
  • AOC 22 Series 21.5" Monitor

TIA

looks good. i highly advise getting either 2x4 or 2x8 ram, you'll see stutters, frame drops and freezes from using just 1 stick of ram

That board wont support zen2 cpus out of the box. You'll hv to update the bios.

Alternatively you can purchase msi b450 max series motherboards for out of the box compatibility.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

Critique: (critique is by definition mostly negative, the idea being to find problems)

This does not stoke me personally as a solid long term build, though it is a solid shorter term one. It should work fine at least till the consoles come out.  I don’t know what nation of origin is so I can’t compare pricing.

-the motherboard is solid.

-the memory is a bit slow but solid enough.

-The 3500 is imho a slightly weaker chip long term than the 2600 because it lacks multithread.  There is disagreement on this one.  I could be wrong. It does have faster single core than the 2600.  It’s a question of whether the extra thread capacity will turn out to be needed or not. 3500s can’t even be had in the US. It’s an OEM part only here.  It might be really cheap though.  

-The 570 is below the lowest projected spec for the upcoming consoles.  There are older used cards that might be better value.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

19 hours ago, VEXICUS said:

That board wont support zen2 cpus out of the box. You'll hv to update the bios.

Alternatively you can purchase msi b450 max series motherboards for out of the box compatibility.

I'm buying off of a brick and mortar store so I can get the Mobo w/ updated bios :)

I'll look into B450Max series too though. Thanks!

19 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

-The 570 is below the lowest projected spec for the upcoming consoles.  There are older used cards that might be better value.  

I've seen YouTube videos of this card paired with a 2500/3600/9100F/9400F and it seems to have enough grunt for my gaming needs. What card do you suggest though?

10 minutes ago, MagnumOpus said:

I'm buying off of a brick and mortar store so I can get the Mobo w/ updated bios :)

I'll look into B450Max series too though. Thanks!

I've seen YouTube videos of this card paired with a 2500/3600/9100F/9400F and it seems to have enough grunt for my gaming needs. What card do you suggest though?

Sadly it is currently unknown.  It will be about a year before it is known though possibly less.  Current projections were 5700xt, then 580, and now 2070S.  There is a certain argument for not improving GPU at all and saving money for the likely gigantic ally priced card that will be required.  It is possible that none of the build except the motherboard will survive.  CPU (and hence memory as well) might though.  I’ve got a moldy old 4770k I haven’t gotten rid of yet because  I’m not sure it won’t handle it.  I’m doubtful, but not sure.  There might be an argument for an old used card even weaker than a 570 (assuming it’s cheaper) and just dumping it when the new games for the upcoming consoles arrive.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.