Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PLEASE HELP ME FIND BETTER PSU

My pc specs are - 

r5-1600 @1.4v @4100Mhz

Asrock B450-pro4

3000 mhz xpg 8gb *2 running at 2666

2*120gb sata ssd + 2*7200 1tb hdd

Inno3D RTX 2060 non super 6gb ddr6 192bit

 

I'm looking for a good psu. 

In my local market after some research I've selected "cooler master mwe 650/750 gold fully modular" or "corsair tx650m semi modular gold".

which one is better ? Is 550 watt enough for my build or 650 or higher ?

Now i have vs 550 which is not liked by a lot of people and I can now see it struggling with my rtx card.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

which country are you from?

Check out my laptop reviews here

 

My daily driver: Lenovo Legion Y530 [REVIEW]

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-8300H Nvidia GTX1050Ti 2GB LP156WFG-SPB2 144Hz IPS 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 RAM (2x8GB) Samsung PM981 256GB+Seagate 1TB 5400RPM

Laptop ODMsClevo, Tongfang, Quanta

 

My Phone: Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite [REVIEW] (Blue, with XUNDD hard case)

Spoiler

SDM710 6GB RAM 128GB ROM 6.39" AMOLED 48MP Sony IMX586 rear (AI triple camera)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

can you find corsair tx550m? that would be best price/perfromance. 550w is more than enough.

thank you for your reply. can you point out why corsair txm series is better than cooler master mwe? and im thinking about upgrading cpu to 9900k or something like that in near future thats why i was thinking about 650.

Link to post
Share on other sites

for your reference:

also wrong subforum

Check out my laptop reviews here

 

My daily driver: Lenovo Legion Y530 [REVIEW]

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-8300H Nvidia GTX1050Ti 2GB LP156WFG-SPB2 144Hz IPS 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 RAM (2x8GB) Samsung PM981 256GB+Seagate 1TB 5400RPM

Laptop ODMsClevo, Tongfang, Quanta

 

My Phone: Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite [REVIEW] (Blue, with XUNDD hard case)

Spoiler

SDM710 6GB RAM 128GB ROM 6.39" AMOLED 48MP Sony IMX586 rear (AI triple camera)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go with the Cooler Master simply solely because it's fully modular. That's just my preference and in reality either one will sufficiently power your computer. However, for the same price (based on what I saw online) you might as well get the extra 100W and added perk of modularity that comes with the Cooler Master 650W.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RBPEDIIIAL said:

I would go with the Cooler Master simply solely because it's fully modular. That's just my preference and in reality either one will sufficiently power your computer. However, for the same price (based on what I saw online) you might as well get the extra 100W and added perk of modularity that comes with the Cooler Master 650W.

 

2 minutes ago, genexis_x said:

for your reference:

also wrong subforum

I've seen this tier list where txm is higher in the list than mwe gold but i was wondering why.

 

and where should i post this kind of stuff ? help a noob out here ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

* thread moved to the Case & PSU section *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

 

VPN server guide

Introduction to Mechanical Keyboard

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RBPEDIIIAL said:

I would go with the Cooler Master simply solely because it's fully modular. That's just my preference and in reality either one will sufficiently power your computer. However, for the same price (based on what I saw online) you might as well get the extra 100W and added perk of modularity that comes with the Cooler Master 650W.

Here cant find those beautiful aftermarket cables like cable mod. have to stick with those provided with the psu. so semi modular fully modular is least of my concern. i just want my pc to run good and last good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

* thread moved to the Case & PSU section *

thank you. will keep that in mind in future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NEO**B said:

 

I've seen this tier list where txm is higher in the list than mwe gold but i was wondering why.

 

and where should i post this kind of stuff ? help a noob out here ?

In the same post with the tier list there is a list of sources of information and references for further reading if you want more information on why the txm is better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NEO**B said:

Here cant find those beautiful aftermarket cables like cable mod. have to stick with those provided with the psu. so semi modular fully modular is least of my concern. i just want my pc to run good and last good.

I'm going to assume you have a budget of atleast 4,000 or so rupees.

 

on Amazon India there's a VS550, which although likely isn't the best for your setup will work fine, with a decent price. 

 

https://www.amazon.in/Corsair-CP-9020171-UK-550-Watt-Non-Modular-Supply/dp/B078XXNC3J/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=VS550&qid=1578390025&sr=8-2

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

I'm going to assume you have a budget of atleast 4,000 or so rupees.

 

on Amazon India there's a VS550, which although likely isn't the best for your setup will work fine, with a decent price. 

 

https://www.amazon.in/Corsair-CP-9020171-UK-550-Watt-Non-Modular-Supply/dp/B078XXNC3J/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=VS550&qid=1578390025&sr=8-2

Thank you for your reply. I already have both the older vs 550(yellow) and the newer vs 550 (grey). Older one cant even run my ryzen pc while stress testing even with my older 1050ti. Forget about aida64 or prime95 with the older version vs550, my pc restarts even when I'm running cinebench. The newer version runs my ryzen build with 1050ti fine but with 2060 I can feel it being a little stressed. GPU starts coil whining with the newer vs 550(grey). So thats the reason for thinking about an upgrade. I'm thinking about TX650M from corsair which is around $100 here. This will allow me to overclock my cpu as its going to bottleneck the 2060 with stock speed and I'll not have to change my PSU when I decide to upgrade the CPU. I don't know much about these things if anything wrong please inform me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×