PS3 Slim factory-reset help

Go to solution Solved by SpikeSpiegel,

Doing a factory reset will delete all your game files/data/DLC and PSN Account.  It's basically set back to it's original factory settings.  I have a PS3 Slim and I done it once before because I had a corrupted system file.  And it was completely wipe out.  So I had to relog in and download my DLC from the PSN.

When should I restore my default settings and what does this do?

During certain troubleshooting situations, it may be necessary to restore all of the PlayStation 3 system settings back to their original default configuration. Do not confuse this feature with the "Restore PS3 System" option. "Restore PS3 System" will also delete all hard disk content. (You will lose all saved content from your PlayStation 3 system's hard drive if you use "Restore PS3 System").

The "Restore Default Settings" feature will only restore all of the following settings (and erase any previously saved settings):

• BD/DVD Settings
  • Music Settings
  • Chat Settings
  • System Settings
  • Date and Time Settings
  • Accessory Settings
  • Display Settings
  • Sound Settings
  • Security Settings
  • Network Settings
  • Internet Browser Settings

How do I restore Default Settings on my PlayStation 3?

• From the top level of the PlayStation 3 Home Menu, go to Settings settings-icon-01-ps4-eu-22jul15.gif > [System Settings] > [Restore Default Settings].
  • Once you select [Restore Default Settings], you will see a list of settings that will be restored.  Scroll through them and press x-button-icon-01-ps4-eu-22jul15.gif to restore the settings.
  • After the operation is complete, you will see the initial setup screen that appeared the first time you turned on the PlayStation 3 system.  You will need to go through the initial setup process before you can use the PlayStation 3 system.

So i plan on factory reseting my old PS3 Slim to put it up for sale sometime later, but before i would have done any of that i would like to ask a few questions before i sell it

Firstly...

-Will the disk game data(for example Minecraft) will all of the data be removed as well when i put it in the reseted PS3?

And Secondly...

-How do i reset a PS3 slim..i know theres guides online on how to do it but, just wanted to make sure.

Doing a factory reset will delete all your game files/data/DLC and PSN Account.  It's basically set back to it's original factory settings.  I have a PS3 Slim and I done it once before because I had a corrupted system file.  And it was completely wipe out.  So I had to relog in and download my DLC from the PSN.

When should I restore my default settings and what does this do?

During certain troubleshooting situations, it may be necessary to restore all of the PlayStation 3 system settings back to their original default configuration. Do not confuse this feature with the "Restore PS3 System" option. "Restore PS3 System" will also delete all hard disk content. (You will lose all saved content from your PlayStation 3 system's hard drive if you use "Restore PS3 System").

The "Restore Default Settings" feature will only restore all of the following settings (and erase any previously saved settings):

• BD/DVD Settings
  • Music Settings
  • Chat Settings
  • System Settings
  • Date and Time Settings
  • Accessory Settings
  • Display Settings
  • Sound Settings
  • Security Settings
  • Network Settings
  • Internet Browser Settings

How do I restore Default Settings on my PlayStation 3?

• From the top level of the PlayStation 3 Home Menu, go to Settings settings-icon-01-ps4-eu-22jul15.gif > [System Settings] > [Restore Default Settings].
  • Once you select [Restore Default Settings], you will see a list of settings that will be restored.  Scroll through them and press x-button-icon-01-ps4-eu-22jul15.gif to restore the settings.
  • After the operation is complete, you will see the initial setup screen that appeared the first time you turned on the PlayStation 3 system.  You will need to go through the initial setup process before you can use the PlayStation 3 system.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel