Uses for 50 sticks of laptop ddr2?

Cupar19

For some reason when i was cleaning out my cupboard i found 50 sticks of 1gb laptop ddr2 which is pretty useless as well as worthless.

Any cool ideas (maybe something artistic idk) for them

thanks 

Glue magnets on one side and sell them as refrigerator magnets on eBay.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Didn't LTT do a video of taking a bunch of DDR2 and using a PCI slotted addon card they can create actual storage - with the only drawback being if you lose complete power to the PC...you lose all the data (card loses power...poof RAM clears) - Im pretty sure I watched this a month ago here.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

40 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Didn't LTT do a video of taking a bunch of DDR2 and using a PCI slotted addon card they can create actual storage - with the only drawback being if you lose complete power to the PC...you lose all the data (card loses power...poof RAM clears) - Im pretty sure I watched this a month ago here.

Hmm could be used as temp storage for recording! ?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

18 hours ago, Tristerin said:

They did, but the hardware (I looked into it) is insanely priced.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

On 1/3/2020 at 10:45 AM, Radium_Angel said:

They did, but the hardware (I looked into it) is insanely priced.

And there are several other problems. It would be better (and possibly cheaper) to use a ssd as a scratch disk

On 1/2/2020 at 11:12 PM, Tristerin said:

they did, and id seen those cards a while before and wanted one but they are insanely expensive from wherever i could find them 

On 1/2/2020 at 11:09 PM, Slayerking92 said:

image.png.2b1eca9f4878505be1bc162c1ac4cba2.png

that looks sick, sadly mine are all one color but maybe i could do something like that

20 hours ago, Tedstonegenious said:

I would throw them on eBay. DDR2 is so obsolete that the price actually went back up a bit because it is so rare. So people who like old hardware are willing to pay a bit of a premium. 

nah laptop ddr2 in the uk at least is all over ebay and rarely sells, its still pretty worthless

Build a fake roof for your PC case, using the RAM sticks as roof tiles (mayber you have to remove RAM heatspreaders first). You could also cut a piece of wood, use some pieces of wood to frame it so the whole thing can contain some liquid, then disperse the RAM in a pattern you find appealing and cover everything with clear resin of some sort. 

7 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

Build a fake roof for your PC case, using the RAM sticks as roof tiles (mayber you have to remove RAM heatspreaders first). You could also cut a piece of wood, use some pieces of wood to frame it so the whole thing can contain some liquid, then disperse the RAM in a pattern you find appealing and cover everything with clear resin of some sort. 

thats an interesting idea, sounds quite cool

Pizza time 

So this skateboarding channel will literally skate any board fans send them. The creations are a either masterfully crafted, or really dangerous and dumb.

You could just make a board out of RAM sticks.

Edited by kokakolia
missing info

6 hours ago, kokakolia said:

So this skateboarding channel will literally skate any board fans send them. The creations are a either masterfully crafted, or really dangerous and dumb.

You could just make a board out of RAM sticks.

i know nothing about skateboarding and probabley couldnt be asked to send it to this guy but i kinda wanna try now

On 1/5/2020 at 9:28 AM, Cupar19 said:

that looks sick, sadly mine are all one color but maybe i could do something like that

Can always add color with a cable.

image.png.90965cc326bda8874a2eaee05b4c06b5.png

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

If you have a business, use them as business cards. Somehow 

The Daily Driver:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC  |  48GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600  | Corsair 750D Case
AsRock X570 Pro 4 mobo

iRacing Sim Rig:

i5-10600k @ 5.0 GHz  |  EVGA GTX 1080ti Hybrid  | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600  |  Corsair Air 540 Case
ASUS Z490-E ROG Strix mobo

6 hours ago, vukos said:

If you have a business, use them as business cards. Somehow 

They're kinda sharp and brittle and don't fit nice in a small pocket....

Just fill a Dodge Ram with dodgy RAM ;)

Just kidding, other ideas would be to make a picture/mirror frame out of them, to use some of them to practice soldering, use them as door handles.

9 hours ago, greenhorn said:

Just fill a Dodge Ram with dodgy RAM ;)

Just kidding, other ideas would be to make a picture/mirror frame out of them, to use some of them to practice soldering, use them as door handles.

picture frame, thats a nice idea

Could also sell it on Ebay. DDR2 isn't quite as popular as DDR3 for obvious reasons, but you could probably make a decent bit of cash off 50 DDR2 sticks.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere(maybe here) where someone put like a CPU into some kind of solution and preserved it in a capsule, you could probably make a bunch of those to sell or what have you

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
    T-Force 16GB 3000mhz DDR4
  • GPU
    Powercolor Red Dragon Rx580 4GB
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower