Logitech MX Master just died on me... new mouse recommendations needed

chickennuggetstyle

I've used the same Logitech MX Master for a little under 3 years now, and its finally conked out. I was a bit of a dick to this mouse and accidentally dropped it many times, so that's a lesson learned. Can't turn the thing on anymore without it constantly sidescrolling which makes me feel very sad and very stupider. I'm sure the market has changed since I bought it tho, so I'd love to hear from y'all what the best replacement would be today. I see a lot of these black plastic "gaming mice" with some big colorful light inside that can't be set to white, but I'm personally not a fan of the aesthetic (just a personal preference; obviously i have no objective issue with it or anyone who uses it). Is there anything similarly or more stylish and minimalistic than the MX master with equally good function/reliability? I'm a big fan of silver if that helps.

Thanks in advance for the help,

-Joshua :)

5 minutes ago, chickennuggetstyle said:

I've used the same Logitech MX Master for a little under 3 years now, and its finally conked out. I was a bit of a dick to this mouse and accidentally dropped it many times, so that's a lesson learned. Can't turn the thing on anymore without it constantly sidescrolling which makes me feel very sad and very stupider. I'm sure the market has changed since I bought it tho, so I'd love to hear from y'all what the best replacement would be today. I see a lot of these black plastic "gaming mice" with some big colorful light inside that can't be set to white, but I'm personally not a fan of the aesthetic (just a personal preference; obviously i have no objective issue with it or anyone who uses it). Is there anything similarly or more stylish and minimalistic than the MX master with equally good function/reliability? I'm a big fan of silver if that helps.

Just buy another one?

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Master-Wireless-Mouse-High-Precision/dp/B07DHDFW5V/ref=asc_df_B07DHDFW5V/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309777534894&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8367056285051925936&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031291&hvtargid=pla-571092206795&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=58425267301&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=309777534894&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8367056285051925936&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031291&hvtargid=pla-571092206795

Otherwise, probably a steel series, razer, or logitec wireless mouse? And you can customize the lighting on any of them

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Thanks for the recommendations! I am particularly interested in finding something wireless a with a really fresh, sophisticated looking aesthetic (to compliment my lack thereof), so I don't think any of these will be for me (unless I decide to just get a new MX Master ;)), but I appreciate it nonetheless ?

Yeah i'd just buy the latest model of it, especially if you want a wireless one that looks clean and you're not gonna game with it

Just now, Crunken said:

Yeah i'd just buy the latest model of it, especially if you want a wireless one that looks clean and you're not gonna game with it

is the mx master that bad for gaming? i do play some occasional BFV, Minecraft, and GTA V so I can't say I don't plan to game at all...

There are two newer versions of the MX so you have some selection.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

12 minutes ago, chickennuggetstyle said:

is the mx master that bad for gaming? i do play some occasional BFV, Minecraft, and GTA V so I can't say I don't plan to game at all...

Most people like smaller lighter mice for gaming, but outside of Zowie mice they all look pretty similar

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

21 minutes ago, chickennuggetstyle said:

If you're not playing at a competitive level it's probably fine. 

I'm using a 2S for work and it's honestly a major upgrade from the previous M510, I cant see myself going back to it. The MX Master 3 refines a lot of the 2S, which was a refinement of the original soo... If it aint broke, dont fix it I guess. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

If you're not playing at a competitive level it's probably fine. 

I'm using a 2S for work and it's honestly a major upgrade from the previous M510, I cant see myself going back to it. The MX Master 3 refines a lot of the 2S, which was a refinement of the original soo... If it aint broke, dont fix it I guess. 

Hadn't seen the master 3 before... beautiful thing it is. think I'll go for that. Thank you.

On 1/2/2020 at 10:02 AM, chickennuggetstyle said:

I have the mx master you broke, and I’m not a fan because of the weight. It got my wrist fucked up for a couple months due to regular usage at the office. Nowadays I use the G703 with the new HERO 16k both at home and at work (yes, I have two of the same).