How far should I go?

Hello,

I wan't to build a new pc because my current one runs games like Roblox or Minecraft on 20fps if lucky and with some or lots of frame drops.

My current pc has a Intel core I3 2120(2 cores 3.3GHz) with 16GB DDR3-1333 and a NVIDIA GeForce 210 1024GB.

The stange thing is that linus made a video with a pc with the same amount of cores less ram but a newer Graficscard.
Do I just need to upgrade my grafics card or is there something else going on?

- Mardax

You can't expect more fps with that kind of graphics horsepower. If you are tight on a budget and your concern is just Roblox and Minecraft being playable, I'd say a newer card is totally worth it.

Spending something like 50$ will make a huge difference. If you have a bigger budget thought, something like 250-300$, building a budget computer is a better idea than just upgrading graphics.

If I where you, I'd upgrade to a GT 1030 or GTX 1050. Both models have options that don't include the need for external power, so you won't need a power supply with 6 or 8 pin PCIe connectors. The i3-2120 isn't the best for gaming, but it'll work fine for Minecraft.
You can make good use of the parts you already have, but you can make a custom build for around $250 USD if you so desire. 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord