Good Laptop for School under $500

My aunt is going back to school and I want to get her a solid laptop for under $500. She will not be gaming or anything like that. It will be for school and she has MS so the ergonomics of the keyboard and trackpad are pretty important. I have a Surface Laptop, but she doesn't like the lack of ports (understandable). I am leaning towards the Acer Aspire  E15 or the Lenovo IdeaPad 330S.

I don't know any in particular, but have you considered something with a touch screen (don't know if this would be on a laptop within the budget) or using an on screen keyboard? Maybe voice recognition might be helpful too? And if the trackpad is hard to use maybe use a seperate mouse, or a mouse with an alternate design like a vertical mouse or a trackball mouse? If she has trouble typing you could try filter keys/slow keys. Hope this helped!

2 hours ago, EsElle said:

under $500

Are you buying in US? No preferences on weight and battery life? Can up budget to $550?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I didnt get the reply notifications. I ended up going with Acer Aspire 5 for $324 USD and got her and ergo wireless mouse. She started classes a week ago and loves the setup. She had bought a Chromebook not knowing that she couldn't install office 365 (which she gets thru her school). So we returned it and everything is all good. The only thing we had to do was change it from windows S mode to windows 10 home, which was free.

Thanks everyone!