Linus Media Group Inc. is HIRING!

LinusTech

Read this post carefully before applying. If your email demonstrates in any way that you didn't read the post, then your letter WILL be ignored.

We're looking to expand our team. Please have a look at the list of the skills we're looking for and send a description of your experience and some basic information about yourself in the form of a cover letter (not too long)

Video editing

- Basic video editing skills are pretty much a must - we use Adobe CC

- Any more advanced abilities (familiarity with After Effects, basic graphic design principles in Photoshop or Illustrator, music or sound effects aptitude) will dramatically improve your chances.

Camera Operation - just looking for something fairly basic here, but if you happen to be a great camera operator in addition to other things listed here, let us know!

- Familiar with DSLR or cinema camera operation

- Familiar with basic techniques to achieve even lightning

Script Writing - Looking for multi-talented, very creative person(s). This is something that's potentially available as a part time or remote-worker contract gig

- Should be technical enough to compile data and write scripts for Fast As Possible

- Should be comfortable working on scripting for commercial projects or creative projects as well

- Creativity is key here

Video Production & Direction - This is something we only need once in a while.

- Comfortable conducting auditions and hiring actors

- Comfortable creating a shot list, finding locations and doing associated paperwork (authorizations and whatnot)

- Comfortable managing a video shoot on a tight schedule with 2-5 actors

On Camera Hosting - Not interested in hiring a dedicated on-camera host right now, but if you're a very strong candidate for something else, and you are also a great host, then that will work in your favour

- Fast As Possible needs alternate hosts

- If you're very knowledgeable about games and gaming, there may be an upcoming talk show (similar to WAN Show) that would be a collaborative project with Luke

Benchmarking & Hardware Testing - This won't be full time, and we won't need a dedicated person for this for quite some time

- Excellent hardware troubleshooting skills

- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel

- Careful and detail-oriented

Qualified candidates should possess the following attributes with particular emphasis on the right hand column:

• Quick learner
  • Independent worker
  • Good sense of humour
  • Initiative taker
  • Good time management
  • Motivated
  • Hard worker
  • Good communicator
  • Passion for technology

Only successful applicants will receive a reply with a full application form. If you don't hear back from us, then please don't be discouraged. Maybe next time your talents will be a better match for our needs.

If you live in the Vancouver area or are willing to relocate (our head office is in Langley specifially) and you feel like you have a good mixture of these skills, please send a cover letter to linustechtips@gmail.com with the subject line "Application Letter for [your name here]"

ME!

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Would you allow off site video editing? @LinusTech

I read the post but I am just making sure as I am proficient in editing but located in the states.

Would you allow off site video editing? @LinusTech

I read the post but I am just making sure as I am proficient in editing but located in the states.

Doesn't hurt to throw your name into the hat, but if we can find someone local (and we've already got at least one strong local candidate for editing) we'll go with that instead.

Can't you guys relocate to Sweden instead? :P well honestly I'm tempted but i dont think I got the skills for most of the things aside from benchmarks and that's about it. I skipped excel lessons in school lol.

only i lived in america and was slightly better with editing and all those other things :( 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Doesn't hurt to throw your name into the hat, but if we can find someone local (and we've already got at least one strong local candidate for editing) we'll go with that instead.

I will send the email but I won't expect anything. Thank you. I was just looking to help the ltt community but unfortunately I am unable to relocate to Canada. 

It's nice to hear Linus is hiring. 

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Video editing and photogrphy... My two favorite things. I live in surrey BC. But im not old enough to have a job. God damnit. There goes one of my dream jobs. Hope you find some good workers @Linus

Video editing and photogrphy... My two favorite things. I live in surrey BC. But im not old enough to have a job. God damnit. There goes one of my dream jobs. Hope you find some good workers @Linus

Linus would be glad to hire you under the table lol. That way he could pay you less because technically you shouldn't work at your age lol.

Linus would be glad to hire you under the table lol. That way he could pay you less because technically you shouldn't work at your age lol.

Yeah, my age has always been in the way of a lot of things... I hope he's hiring in 4 years :P

damn, nothing for me there, ill turn 18 on the 22nd, but well, lets hope you find some guys that can satisfy your needs :)

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I wish I could be part of the family. c:

Good luck, peeps!

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Too bad I'm underaged :(

Nice to see your expanding. The future of Linus Media Group is looking good. :D

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

How is the salary? :P

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Ah. I live in Ontario, relocating wouldn't be a problem, but most of my skills are more programming/hardware oriented. If only I was a camera man D:

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

I live in new west. But I am not totally qualified

Motherboard- P8Z77V-LK CPU- i5 3570K @4.3 RAM- 8gb of Corsair Vengence GPU- MSI 660ti Power Edition PSU- CX750M SSD- Samsung 840t HDD- 1tb of WD Black Case- Modded Bitfenix Shinobi Cooling- H80i and Bitfenix Spectre fans and Bitfenix LED fans

I wouldn't mind signing up and relocating. Only problem is that it may be hard to find a place for me to relocate to.

I can edit video and my speciality is Audio. It's a shame I live in Australia, and have a terrible internet connection... because I live in Australia.

i wish i lived there :'(

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Ahh to bad you don't need a software engineer who focused and video game development... Before I saw that you wanted someone from Canada I told my wife I could totally do the Camera Man job. Her reply, "You want to leave your 6 figure job in San Diego to move to Canada and make ~20/hour to hold a camera?" Without hesitation I said YES! It would be so much fun haha. 

Well if you ever need a software engineer, possible someone to develop a mobile app(have shipped 9 mobile titles) ? Let me know :)

Andrew

CPU: Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz , GPU: EVGA GTX 780 CLassified @ 1350/7000 MHz, Mobo: Asus Maximus VI Hero, Ram: G. Skill X Series @ 1866, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair HX850, Case: NZXT Phantom(White).