What mobo to get that is under/around 100 cad that's supports 3rd gen ryzen without having to update bios?

5 hours ago, Smiles4Miles said:

Both wont work?

You asked about 1 Asus B450 motherboard.  What do you mean both?

I'll try to make this clear:  when B450 came out, Ryzen 3000 wasn't a thing yet.  The oldest bios on these boards WILL NOT work with Ryzen 3600.  The boards that were updated are the MSI MAX series boards, which is why I was saying to go with them.  Even if their bios isn't up to date when you unbox it, there is still 100% chance it will work as they were designed to be newer by MSI (released later than other B450 boards). 

The other option that you have is getting a board with bios flashback, which I linked above, but the Asus board you picked is not a Crosshair series, and it doesn't have that feature.  So that means if the Asus motherboard bios is old enough, it will not use a Ryzen 3600 at all (no post), you would have to get an older Ryzen CPU (1st or 2nd Gen) in order to update the bios, and then be able to swap to a 3600.

On 12/31/2019 at 9:09 PM, asand1 said:

Even a 3000 ready Max board will still need a bios update in the near future due to the newness of Zen 2. Get an MSI B450-A Pro (Max). Updating BIOS with the flashback button is stupid easy.

I will go further than that.  Even a brand new x570 board with built in support for Ryzen 3000 needs a bios update.  I just bought a Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro that I received 2 weeks ago and it came with the very first BIOS version released.   There were I think 7 BIOS revisions since then, several of them with critical updates fixing unforeseen issues that had came up since Ryzen 3000 was release.  I mean I dropped in the CPU and it posted just fine so technically I could have used it without updating the BIOS but the BIOS updates corrected things involving voltage issues and had several performance enhancements that probably increased my machines performance by 5% or more. 

I guess my point is, your going to need to update the bios whatever board you get and if you can't get an x570 board, just make sure you get a board that can support a BIOS flash without the CPU so you can flash to BIOS prior to installing the CPU.

1 hour ago, LogicWeasel said:

You asked about 1 Asus B450 motherboard.  What do you mean both?

I'll try to make this clear:  when B450 came out, Ryzen 3000 wasn't a thing yet.  The oldest bios on these boards WILL NOT work with Ryzen 3600.  The boards that were updated are the MSI MAX series boards, which is why I was saying to go with them.  Even if their bios isn't up to date when you unbox it, there is still 100% chance it will work as they were designed to be newer by MSI (released later than other B450 boards). 

The other option that you have is getting a board with bios flashback, which I linked above, but the Asus board you picked is not a Crosshair series, and it doesn't have that feature.  So that means if the Asus motherboard bios is old enough, it will not use a Ryzen 3600 at all (no post), you would have to get an older Ryzen CPU (1st or 2nd Gen) in order to update the bios, and then be able to swap to a 3600.

I asked about the one I linked above then the asus one I linked. Should I get the Tomahawk over the B450A-Pro? (both are max versions) And what would those benefits be of me doing that? (Btw I am kinda stuck with cc because I got a gift card for them)

6 minutes ago, Smiles4Miles said:

Btw I am kinda stuck with cc because I got a gift card for them

That info would have been useful upfront.  Kinda buried the lead there by having me link generic pc part picker parts.  Next time don't keep that to yourself eh?

6 minutes ago, Smiles4Miles said:

Should I get the Tomahawk over the B450A-Pro?

Get whatever fits your budget, both are perfectly good motherboards, the MAX part ensures that it's no-hassle when you drop in your Ryzen 3600.  The VRM cooling is a tiny hair better on the tomahawk but they'll both operate a 3600 just as well.

1 minute ago, LogicWeasel said:

That info would have been useful upfront.  Kinda buried the lead there by having me link generic pc part picker parts.  Next time don't keep that to yourself eh?

Get whatever fits your budget, both are perfectly good motherboards, the MAX part ensures that it's no-hassle when you drop in your Ryzen 3600.  The VRM cooling is a tiny hair better on the tomahawk but they'll both operate a 3600 just as well.

Thanks. I guess I should've said that at first, and thanks again for helping me so much.