Will this GPU fit ok on MSI B450M PRO-VDH and a Silencio 352 case?

cifroes
Go to solution Solved by SlayerOfHellWyrm,
29 minutes ago, cifroes said:

I want to buy an Asus ROG Strix Radeon™ RX 5700 OC but I was wondering if it will fit nicely into my system with the mobo MSI B450M PRO-VDH and the case CoolerMaster Silencio 352.

Looking at the specs, the gpu is 305mm long and the case fits GPUs until 355mm so it seems all is OK. The GPU is 2.7 slot design. But I was wondering if there is gonna be any incompatibility. Picture of mobo: 1024.png

I'm a bit afraid of that south heatsink, if that gonna crash into the GPU or even the SATA ports on the right...

The Silencio is a case for Micro ATX, or Mini ITX. The MSI B450M PRO-VDH is a Micro ATX board so it should be fine. 

In terms of the GPU, CoolerMaster's site lists the "Maximum compatibility - VGA Card Length" as 355 mm /14.0 inches. The Asus ROG Strix Radeon™ RX 5700 OC, is 305 mm ( 12 inches) long, so it should fit just fine. The GPU will clear the heat sink, that's pretty much always the case with modern boards, those heat sinks just aren't tall enough under 99% of cases to pose an issue.

Also of note, you can fit a tower cooler up to 155 mm (6.1 inches) tall. 

I want to buy an Asus ROG Strix Radeon™ RX 5700 OC but I was wondering if it will fit nicely into my system with the mobo MSI B450M PRO-VDH and the case CoolerMaster Silencio 352.

Looking at the specs, the gpu is 305mm long and the case fits GPUs until 355mm so it seems all is OK. The GPU is 2.7 slot design. But I was wondering if there is gonna be any incompatibility. Picture of mobo: 1024.png

I'm a bit afraid of that south heatsink, if that gonna crash into the GPU or even the SATA ports on the right...

The GPU will fit into the case and motherboard just fine.

Just check if your PSU is fit for the GPU too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

29 minutes ago, cifroes said:

The Silencio is a case for Micro ATX, or Mini ITX. The MSI B450M PRO-VDH is a Micro ATX board so it should be fine. 

In terms of the GPU, CoolerMaster's site lists the "Maximum compatibility - VGA Card Length" as 355 mm /14.0 inches. The Asus ROG Strix Radeon™ RX 5700 OC, is 305 mm ( 12 inches) long, so it should fit just fine. The GPU will clear the heat sink, that's pretty much always the case with modern boards, those heat sinks just aren't tall enough under 99% of cases to pose an issue.

Also of note, you can fit a tower cooler up to 155 mm (6.1 inches) tall. 

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section