Gigabyte Aorus NVMe PCIe Gen 4 Question

Liberty610

I have not been able to find much direct info on this, so I am hoping someone has some feedback for me on the matter.

I am running the Gigabyte x570 Xtreme motherboard (seen here) with an AMD Ryzen 3950x cpu. I am currently awaiting the arrival of my Gigabyte Aorus M.2 NVMe drive (2tb model seen here). The full copper head spreader is a popular topic with these drives, mostly because of thermals and motherboards having issues fitting them on. My motherboard has removable head spreaders already on it, and the copper one that comes with the SSD obviously will not fit with the board's heat spreader over it. The 2TB model of the drive has chips on both the front and the back of the drive. Apparently this is why having the full copper spreader around the entire drive is a plus.

Does anyone have an experience with these drives yet to where you removed the included copper spreader in exchange for a mother boards built in ones? I want to keep the drive cool of course, but if I can remove the drive from the copper and just use the spreaders that are on my board, I'd rather do that. I was wondering if anyone has any thermal testing they have done with a board's spread vs the included copper one.

I have great cooling in my case as well. I have the Corsair Graphite 760t full tower case with Corsairs RGB fans through out the case. This is my setup via PC parts picker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/BqHhP6

Thanks for any feedback on this!