Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help needed for my phone..

So my headphone jack broke on my samsung s8+ and i oredered a new part and when it came i replaced the old with the new and everythign worked fine... Until i tried to use mobile data and make a phone call. Whenever i try to use mobile network i cant and i cant call anyone it says no network signal or not registered on network. Ive tried all the software fixes internet can provide to no avail ive tried the manage network and manually doing choossing ee but its not worked. Ive reset the phone cleared cache and 100 other things. I think its a hardware problem but i dont know which hardware needs fixing. I assume its the antenna and not the nfc antenna because wireless charging works fine. I have a samsung S8+ and if anyone knows what i need to buy for it a link to a picture of it or even a website would be PERFECT!!! https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/172950934386 (This is what i think the problem is but if anyone with better knowledge knows the fix please say)

Sorry if this is in the wrong chat area thing im new to forums

do you remember doing anything potentially damaging while installing the new part? it definitely isnt a software problem because it was obviously caused by installing the new part. also your headphone jack was broken so you bought a replacement internal speaker and antennae. maybe the new antenna dosnt work with the phone.

Either you broke something or you got lucky and just forgot to plug something in.

Open it up and make sure everything is connected. If everything checks out, I think I can confidently say that it's fucked.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: 512GB Samsung 850 Pro and 1TB WD Blue PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and MEE M6 Pro

"If you don't measure things, it's not engineering; it's art." - Jack Ganssle

🏳️‍🌈

On 12/26/2019 at 12:55 PM, sandvich64 said:

do you remember doing anything potentially damaging while installing the new part? it definitely isnt a software problem because it was obviously caused by installing the new part. also your headphone jack was broken so you bought a replacement internal speaker and antennae. maybe the new antenna dosnt work with the phone.

sorry didnt tag you before

I had to replace the daughter board on my pixel 2xl a few years ago. Basically same thing happened.

Turns out i did not properly reconnect the antenna to the board. 

Easy fix so hopefully something like that is what happened.

23 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

I had to replace the daughter board on my pixel 2xl a few years ago. Basically same thing happened.

Turns out i did not properly reconnect the antenna to the board. 

Easy fix so hopefully something like that is what happened.

you replaced the antenna part or the baord?

18 minutes ago, Newkist_ said:

you replaced the antenna part or the baord?

The antenna wires werent properly clipped into the board. So i just had to adjust them.

Before going out and buying a new antenna part...

Open phone, check antenna to make sure it's properly connected.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Before going out and buying a new antenna part...

Open phone, check antenna to make sure it's properly connected.

just did so and seems its faulty hardware just want to know if the part i linked is the one to ressolve this

1 minute ago, Newkist_ said:

just did so and seems its faulty hardware just want to know if the part i linked is the one to ressolve this

For 10 pounds its worth a shot. Best case you fix your phone. worst case is you wasted 10 pounds.