Need help finding earbuds for my Brothers birthday.

Coltaine

So my brother is turning 18 on the 14th and he wants some ear-buds he can use on his phone(Samsung Galaxy S4). But he doesn't want the kind that actually go in the ear canal. This style:

ipod_white_earbuds.jpg

So what are some decent earbuds that are like those, that work with a Galaxy S4. Budget ~$60

I'm one of the few people I know that tend to repair electronics with a smith's hammer on a regular basis.

Would he rather have headphones such as these? Most earbuds go into the ear canal. The Koss UR22i are what I use, they're comfortable, work well, and I use them with my Samsung Galaxy S4. They're $30-$40

post-56536-0-11125700-1392050324.jpg

My n00Build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NameOfNoInterest/saved/ 

Do you really expect me to know things? 

$25.67/$~2500 (Price changes hourly..) I'm 1/100th of the way there!

Would he rather have headphones such as these? Most earbuds go into the ear canal. The Koss UR22i are what I use, they're comfortable, work well, and I use them with my Samsung Galaxy S4. They're $30-$40

He's very specific that it should be earbuds and that he does NOT want the ones that go into the ear canal. I disagree, but hey it's his ears/birthday.

I'm one of the few people I know that tend to repair electronics with a smith's hammer on a regular basis.

He's very specific that it should be earbuds and that he does NOT want the ones that go into the ear canal. I disagree, but hey it's his ears/birthday.

I highly doubt there are many out there that don't go into the ear canal *sigh* 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I have good things about the JBL J33.

Well, those are the kinds he doesn't want.

I highly doubt there are many out there that don't go into the ear canal *sigh

Well, I've looked around and I've found a few.

Pioneer SE-CE511i

Sony MDR-AS200

AKG K326

Sennheiser MX 685 SPORTS

And then I found some ultra cheapo ones like Koss KE5 and some rather quite expensive ones from Sennheiser. Don't know if these are any good, or if they'll work with a Galaxy S4.

Well, those are the kinds he doesn't want.

Well, I've looked around and I've found a few.

Pioneer SE-CE511i

Sony MDR-AS200

AKG K326

Sennheiser MX 685 SPORTS

And then I found some ultra cheapo ones like Koss KE5 and some rather quite expensive ones from Sennheiser. Don't know if these are any good, or if they'll work with a Galaxy S4.

I don't have any or I'd let you know

Well, I ended up ordering the Sennheisers, they should be compatible with an S3 so that should mean they'll work with an S4.

Well, I ended up ordering the Sennheisers, they should be compatible with an S3 so that should mean they'll work with an S4.

A TRS jack is a TRS jack is a TRS jack.

A TRS jack is a TRS jack is a TRS jack.

Yet several people I know have big problems getting headsets/ear buds to work with their mobile devices. The last set my brother got only played music from the left speaker.