Headphones not working on PC

Keiran1983

Hi all,

I just upgraded my motherboard to ASUS ROG Strix X470-F.  However, sound cannot be played on my headphones.  i tried updating the realtek audio drivers, but it does not seem to work.

Anyone can help?

You might have kept the hd sound cable out and not connected to the motherboard, check that. If that doesn't work then wait for more answers, I guess. 

On 12/23/2019 at 8:03 AM, Keiran1983 said:

Hi all,

I just upgraded my motherboard to ASUS ROG Strix X470-F.  However, sound cannot be played on my headphones.  i tried updating the realtek audio drivers, but it does not seem to work.

Anyone can help?

Check the headphones are plugged into the green port, and that the audio output in your settings is set to Realtek.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Hi all,

Thanks for the inputs in helping.

I think the issue is corrupted drivers.  I just had to uninstall / reinstall it THREE times before it went back to normal.

Strange problem.