3000Mhz RAM running at 2133Mhz

OKBruh
Go to solution Solved by minibois,
1 hour ago, OKBruh said:

When i go to bios it shows me load xmp on auto and dram frequency on auto do i change my dram frequency on 3000 and load xmp setting on xmp 2.0 profile 1 ??

You don't need to update the BIOS, unless you're experiencing issues. 

I would honestly just set it to auto.

It's possible it needs to 'train' the memory. What that means for you is that after setting the speed, it might restart the PC a couple times. That is normal, it is seeing what works best.

So i recently bought my self a ASRock B450M Pro4 f , ryzen 3 1200 and  Patroit Viper 2x4gb 3000mhz ram and was wondering why does it say in the task manager that my ram is running at 2133Mhz? Is my CPU to weak and i need a better one.

And when i go to ASRock website it saya that it supports my RAM

Did you enable XMP/DOCP in the BIOS?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

7 minutes ago, OKBruh said:

Do i need to do it in bios?

Yes.

You go into the BIOS by turning on the PC and mashing DEL. Usually XMP/XAMP will be one of the first settings you see in the bios.

Typically you can choose a certain profile to use, if memory serves me well, 2933Mhz is the speed most 3000Mhz sets will run at (because AMD goes from 2933Mhz to 3066Mhz I think).

Anyways, just turn on XMP and it will run at full speed.

P.S. be sure to quote people when replying to them, so they are notified of your response 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Yes.

You go into the BIOS by turning on the PC and mashing DEL. Usually XMP/XAMP will be one of the first settings you see in the bios.

Typically you can choose a certain profile to use, if memory serves me well, 2933Mhz is the speed most 3000Mhz sets will run at (because AMD goes from 2933Mhz to 3066Mhz I think).

P.S. be sure to quote people when replying to them, so they are notified of your response 

do i need to update my bios first before doing it ? or is it ok if i just do it ?

19 minutes ago, minibois said:

Yes.

When i go to bios it shows me load xmp on auto and dram frequency on auto do i change my dram frequency on 3000 and load xmp setting on xmp 2.0 profile 1 ??

1 hour ago, OKBruh said:

You don't need to update the BIOS, unless you're experiencing issues. 

I would honestly just set it to auto.

It's possible it needs to 'train' the memory. What that means for you is that after setting the speed, it might restart the PC a couple times. That is normal, it is seeing what works best.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

On both my MSI boards I had to activate xmp profile 2 for it to work correctly. 

Refer to your manual for this info. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer